Latest news:

GROCKLES welcomes you all to the world of Somerset Cricket.

WELCOME to the 25TH ANNIVERSARY season of Grockles and the home of the ROYAL LONDON ONE DAY CUP CHAMPIONS 2019!! Next live county cricket at Taunton will be in about.....

Days or Hours or Minutes or Seconds

Old Pavilion Gimblett Hill General View Somerset Stand Stand Trescothick Stand
Ondaatje Pavilion Scoreboard Stand squad Colin Atkinson Pavilion Botham Stand
County Championship Info FPT20 Info CB40 Info Somerset Official Website Somerset Video Library Somerset Match Scorecard SCCC Ball by Ball

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Nil Desperandum - the shape of things to come
rodders 23 March, 2020 16:12
Well gang still here me at the start of another season although who knows when ? High risk at my age but can only follow the advice and hope for the best. Glad that LoL is still posting and a few others but nothing from CP or big Jim - any info anyone - I get a bit out of touch living away although family still in Bath - stay well everyone !!

Clarence Parker 24 March, 2020 14:48
Bless you Rodders and thank you so much for even thinking about me.

I am, and have been for some time, self isolating. My health condition is somewhat complicated and I have , or have had, 6 or 7 of the factors which make self isolation imperative. Still I am sure that there must be many, many more worse affected than me so I don't seek sympathy. We must all soldier on but sadly without any cricket to either watch or follow for several months.

At this moment in time I can neither think about or dwell on the fortunes of our club and cricket in general at the moment.

I still keep in touch with one or two by way of PM's, thus being able to enjoy some friendly banter.

Very best wishes to everybody.

Clarence.

rodders 24 March, 2020 16:14
Good to hear from you CP - us oldies must stick together !

Loyal of Lhasa 24 March, 2020 17:50
Good to hear from Rodders and CP. I am of the same generation and wish all my contemparies excellent health, but the one thing the experts say we should NOT do is "stick together"!

And I would be very reassured to hear from old boy!

LoL

Seventy-one Seasons a Somerset Supporter

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 24/03/2020 17:52 by Loyal of Lhasa.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net