Latest news:

GROCKLES welcomes you all to the world of Somerset Cricket.

WELCOME to the 25TH ANNIVERSARY season of Grockles and the home of the ROYAL LONDON ONE DAY CUP CHAMPIONS 2019!! Next live county cricket at Taunton will be in about.....

Days or Hours or Minutes or Seconds

Old Pavilion Gimblett Hill General View Somerset Stand Stand Trescothick Stand
Ondaatje Pavilion Scoreboard Stand squad Colin Atkinson Pavilion Botham Stand
County Championship Info FPT20 Info CB40 Info Somerset Official Website Somerset Video Library Somerset Match Scorecard SCCC Ball by Ball

New 'Farmer White' book now available
Discussion started by Farmer White , 12 March, 2020 23:57
New 'Farmer White' book now available
Farmer White 12 March, 2020 23:57
On the Edge of my Seat, the book of my reports on Somerset’s 2019 County Championship campaign is now available. There are reports on every day of the campaign, team lists, summary scorecards (top run scorers and wicket takers), black and white versions of Mike’s Taunton photos, and of my photos of all away grounds except Chelmsford, outline 2019 Championship statistics and some statistics covering Somerset’s current time in the first division (2008 to date).

Softcover. 336 pages. 81 photos. £13.00.

As last year, the 2019 book is available from Brendon Books, Bath Place, Taunton, and from County Sports at the Cooper Associates County Ground.

The 2019 format is the same as for my book of 2018 Championship match reports, copies of which are still available at £12.99, although the 2018 book did not contain team lists.

Anyone who would like to buy a copy of either book but cannot get to Taunton please contact me by PM and I will endeavour to get a copy to you.

Farmer

Re: New 'Farmer White' book now available
Grockle 14 March, 2020 17:51
A labour of love sir and well worth the purchase.

(Sm72)

Now available ONLINE: Both 'Farmer White' books
Farmer White 17 March, 2020 18:03
Both of my books:

"I hope I don't miss a hat-trick ..." Somerset CCC in the County Championship 2018, and
On the edge of my seat - Somerset CCC in the County Championship 2019

are now available online from Christopher Saunders Cricket Books and Memorabilia.

The link to his website, which has a cornucopia of cricket items, books and otherwise, is here:

[www.cricket-books.com]

To find my books, enter Somerset CCC in the Quick Search box, use the drop down menu to select 'Books and Brochures' and then click search.

Farmer

Somerset LaLaLa 17 March, 2020 19:27
How is the supply chain looking Farmer? I can't see any reason to stockpile, but have people been panic buying?

Farmer White 17 March, 2020 19:42
Only panic if you buy SLLL. It is 336 pages of fantastic Somerset torment. On the bright side, if the 2020 season is cancelled, you can keep reading through 2019 on a continuous loop. The chain is well stocked.

Farmer

mikeindex 18 March, 2020 14:02
Currently devouring my complimentary copy with mingled delight and anguish, many thanks Farmer.

Farmer White 18 March, 2020 14:09
And thank you for the complimentary professional proofread Mike. It seems grossly unfair you should have to suffer it twice.

Farmer.

mikeindex 18 March, 2020 14:53
I have to confess I have spotted a couple of errors that still crept through the net.
I should probably reimburse you for the pints bought by way of fee.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net