Latest news:

GROCKLES welcomes you all to the world of Somerset Cricket.

WELCOME to the 25TH ANNIVERSARY season of Grockles and the home of the ROYAL LONDON ONE DAY CUP CHAMPIONS 2019!! Next live county cricket at Taunton will be in about.....

Days or Hours or Minutes or Seconds

Old Pavilion Gimblett Hill General View Somerset Stand Stand Trescothick Stand
Ondaatje Pavilion Scoreboard Stand squad Colin Atkinson Pavilion Botham Stand
County Championship Info FPT20 Info CB40 Info Somerset Official Website Somerset Video Library Somerset Match Scorecard SCCC Ball by Ball

The end of county cricket as we knew It.
Discussion started by nelliec , 18 March, 2020 20:01
The end of county cricket as we knew It.
nelliec 18 March, 2020 20:01
No income to pay our cricketers.
No hundred money.
No ECB handouts
What now for county cricket.How many of the established counties have the infrastructure to servive the Corona.
Let’s hope and pray we are one of them!!

Re: The end of county cricket as we knew It.
Scrumper 18 March, 2020 20:22
https://www.yachtsandyachting.com/photos/misc/350/yandy182696.jpg

Or maybe not?
I think we'll see some cricket, maybe no CC but hopefully we'll see some money spinning T20 later in the summer.

Somerset LaLaLa 18 March, 2020 21:34
So when we go out to enjoy ourselves again, I don't think the priority of anyone will be the Hundred with its razzmatazz, the £6 million or so quoted for entertainment and high-end pyrotechnics.

Sitting amongst many in the Trescothick pavilion, wondering if the rain will stop to allow the covers to be taken off, will suit me just fine

nelliec 18 March, 2020 21:50
At best 9 championship games starting in July one against each side with maybe a 50 over game at the same venue against the Same team over the weekend.Probably the very best we could get.No capacity grounds me thiinks!!😢😢

Grizzers 18 March, 2020 23:32
Five options being considered by the ECB:

[www.espncricinfo.com]

[www.telegraph.co.uk]

Grizzers

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 19/03/2020 01:41 by Grizzers.

Loyal of Lhasa 19 March, 2020 17:53
If the CC season is to be halved (and at present that seems the best option), Somerset must insist that their points deduction is reduced from 12 to 6.

LoL

Seventy-one Seasons a Somerset Supporter

Bobstan 19 March, 2020 18:10
Good thinking, LoLman. (He's Batman's older brother.)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net