Latest news:

GROCKLES welcomes you all to the world of Somerset Cricket.

WELCOME to the 26TH season of Grockles and the home of the ROYAL LONDON ONE DAY CUP CHAMPIONS 2019!! Next live county cricket at Taunton will be this long after the planned start date.....

Days or Hours or Minutes or Seconds

Old Pavilion Gimblett Hill General View Somerset Stand Stand Trescothick Stand
Ondaatje Pavilion Scoreboard Stand squad Colin Atkinson Pavilion Botham Stand
County Championship Info FPT20 Info CB40 Info Somerset Official Website Somerset Video Library Somerset Match Scorecard SCCC Ball by Ball

Hello Everyone.
Discussion started by FromeExile , 12 April, 2020 15:27
Hello Everyone.
FromeExile 12 April, 2020 15:27
Well. Lockdown continues. And this weary publican now has time on his hands. Which has been in very short supply for the last decade.
Hope all the old pals are safe and well.
All the best,
FE

Re: Hello Everyone.
Grockle 12 April, 2020 15:52
Well here is a welcome blast from the past!!

Welcome back to the "Old Stragglers Arms" FE.

Looks like the 'band' is back together. Hope you have been keeping well and all is right as it can be in these strange times with your world.

(Sm72)

Bobstan 12 April, 2020 16:14
Good to hear from you, FE.
Apart from problems caused by the present trying times I hope all goes well with you.

Loyal of Lhasa 12 April, 2020 17:30
Great to hear from you after so long, FE. What a ridiculous irony is that now at last you have some time on your hands there is no cricket to watch. One day, perhaps...

LoL

Seventy-two Seasons a Somerset Supporter

sheffieldsabre 12 April, 2020 18:47
Welcome back, FE. I look forward to agreeing with you on matters all and sundry :-)

FromeExile 12 April, 2020 18:50
I very nearly made the same observation with respect to the irony of the situation.
I’ve been reflecting on what’s really important. And I’ve realised that a world which has forced me to become “e-friends” with my next door neighbour, is a world in which I should better value the e-friends I already had.

Grizzers 12 April, 2020 19:04
Welcome back FE !

Grizzers

Owain Glyndwr 12 April, 2020 19:06
Good evening, young man, absolutely wonderful to see you again (you know what I mean). Hope you're all safe and well. I think this round is on me. What are you all having?

Bobstan 13 April, 2020 07:54
A glass of your £4000 bottle of Rothschild wine, please. I thought you'd never ask, Jim.

Shepton Paul 2 13 April, 2020 11:20
Welcome home, FE, great to hear from you. Hope all is as well as can be, and we'll have cricket to discuss over the bar soon enough.

Owain Glyndwr 13 April, 2020 18:41
You want the £4000 Rothschild, Bobs? Thank the lord for that, for a second I thought you'd asked for the expensive one. Ice and a slice with that?

Loyal of Lhasa 13 April, 2020 22:12
... and could you run to a packet of pork scratchings? I know Bobstan's very partial.

LoL

Seventy-two Seasons a Somerset Supporter

Bobstan 14 April, 2020 08:03
I'm partial to a bit of Somerset cricket, but pork scratchings? Yuk, as some less sophisticated than you, LoL, might say.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net