Latest news:

GROCKLES welcomes you all to the world of Somerset Cricket.

WELCOME to the 26TH season of Grockles and the home of the ROYAL LONDON ONE DAY CUP CHAMPIONS 2019!! Next live county cricket at Taunton will be this long after the planned start date.....

Days or Hours or Minutes or Seconds

Old Pavilion Gimblett Hill General View Somerset Stand Stand Trescothick Stand
Ondaatje Pavilion Scoreboard Stand squad Colin Atkinson Pavilion Botham Stand
County Championship Info FPT20 Info CB40 Info Somerset Official Website Somerset Video Library Somerset Match Scorecard SCCC Ball by Ball

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: FAKE 2020 CC1 On to the Oval Surrey (A)
Shepton Paul 2 07 May, 2020 19:18
100 points from five games is some going by anyone's standards! Yes, it will be quite frustrating if we do win the fake CC, but I'll take it as progress!

Somerset LaLaLa 08 May, 2020 11:48
Just had another opportunity to read one of your fantastic real life accounts Farmer. Our target against Lancashire was 78 and not 77 as I said, how important a single run makes. For Somerset to win emphatically in fantasy cricket fielding first away against Surrey is a tremendous achievement. I wonder how many runs we would have comfortably chased? Hildreth, Gregory and Leach have been the standout performers for me so far. Some tinkering is otherwise needed to the batting imo, yes that is very Somerset

Farmer White 08 May, 2020 15:24
Hopefully like this SLLL, if you can stand another one:

[farmerwhite.co.uk]

Although, even that had its moments.

Farmer

Grockle 08 May, 2020 20:46
Well we have Kent next and if Banton and Ali are back I'm not sure who we go with.
Azhar or Eddie?
Azhar or Tom A
Tom B or George?
George or Alexei

And where do we put Mike Carberry when HE comes back?

And all while James and Steve have been solid and the taul has wagged.

Bit scary really.

(Sm72)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/05/2020 20:56 by Grockle.

Somerset LaLaLa 08 May, 2020 23:48
Not scary really.

I would suggest working towards the strongest side for the Essex match afterwards.

So we need to give Banton a go against Kent and then consider whether he plays against Essex.
Carberry or Ali would come in at 2, whoever is fully fit.

And keep Bartlett or Byrom at 3, my preference would be for Bartlett as he has played more and may be in line for another big score.

So no Kervezee, but he could play at 3 against Essex? And I would consider switching Abell to 5 for Essex.

Vs Kent: Abell, Carberry or Ali, Bartlett or Byrom, Hildreth, Banton, Davies
Vs Essex possible: Carberry, Ali, Kervezee, Hildreth, Abell, Davies

Good luck with setting up the polls!

Grockle 09 May, 2020 00:30
Ahh we'll do them one at a time. The great thing is the parallel universe operates on my time scale and the clock doesn't start to tick until I say so.

Bowling options? Davey was solid Jack was immense Craig came through.

(Sm72)

Somerset LaLaLa 09 May, 2020 11:30
I need to have a look at the pitch, though Jack Leach for ever... Is it possible to jinx a computer?

Grockle 09 May, 2020 11:42
Oh I'm sure there's a 'Somerset choke' algorithm on the machine

(Sm72)

Farmer White 09 May, 2020 12:18
Somerset repeatedly coming second has nothing to do with choking. It is far worse than that. John Calvin had a word for it. Predestination. However, Calvin considered purgatory to be a fiction. Which only goes to show he was not a Somerset supporter.

Farmer

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net