Latest news:

GROCKLES welcomes you all to the world of Somerset Cricket.

WELCOME to the 26TH season of Grockles and the home of the ROYAL LONDON ONE DAY CUP CHAMPIONS 2019!! Next live county cricket at Taunton will be this long after the planned start date.....

Days or Hours or Minutes or Seconds

Old Pavilion Gimblett Hill General View Somerset Stand Stand Trescothick Stand
Ondaatje Pavilion Scoreboard Stand squad Colin Atkinson Pavilion Botham Stand
County Championship Info FPT20 Info CB40 Info Somerset Official Website Somerset Video Library Somerset Match Scorecard SCCC Ball by Ball

Goto Page: 1234567Next
Current Page: 1 of 7
"Being in Birmingham" Bob Willis v Warwickshire (A)
Discussion started by Grockles.com , 19 August, 2020 18:13
"Being in Birmingham" Bob Willis v Warwickshire (A)
Grockles.com 19 August, 2020 18:13
What do you think? You can have your say by posting below.
If you do not already have an account Click here to Register.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 19/08/2020 18:20 by Grockle.

Warwickshire vs Somerset, Edgbaston BW Trophy
AGod 11 August, 2020 13:12
Anyone remember the last time we went to Edgbaston after a mini heat-wave?

Warks produced a pitch that was unfit for first-class cricket, with numerous batsmen being hit on the head by deliveries that just reared off a length, includng LG.

This game was in 2016 and Neil Mallender reported the pitch as unfit but the ECB, in its infinite wisdom, decided that, since Warks were a TMC, they were not at fault*

As if to add insult to injury, the game was rained off with Warks almost certainly having zero chance of avoiding defeat, facing a large target on an unsafe pitch.

* sorry, the offiical ECB reasoning was that the weather was such - varying from extreme cold to extreme heat - in the days leading up to the game, that there was nothing that poor Warks could have done about it..

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 15/08/2020 15:15 by Grockle.

Re: Warrwickshire vs Somerset, Edgbaston BW Trophy
Grockle 11 August, 2020 13:17
Do you mean a circumstance like putting a game close to a knock out in another competition with adverse weather shortening prep time to get the wicket ready.... where have I heard that reasoning being ignored by the same authorities on a non TM ground in recent years?

(Sm72)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/08/2020 15:21 by Grockle.

AGod 11 August, 2020 14:05
That would be exactly the circumstance that I describe, yes, indeed...

nelliec 12 August, 2020 18:15
I wonder at what stage they will release Jack from the England set up to allow him to play any red ball cricket.Seems ridiculous unless they decide to rest Dom

wsm fan 12 August, 2020 18:43
They need concussion replacements.
Being a bubble they cant just send for a player a few hours drive away.
Also anyone could pull up lame during the pre match warm ups.
Not huge fun for Bracey Lawrence Foakes & Jack but they "may" get their chance if in Ageas & ready.

cricketjerry-mouse 13 August, 2020 15:06
Warwickshire, already missing injured England seamer Olly Stone (one Test against Ireland) against Somerset at Edgbaston on Saturday, will also be without former Gl;o`shire seamer Liam Norwell, who has only played four times since joining at the end of 2018. He is struggling with disc trouble in his back.

They will include medium fast bowler Craig Miles, however. He joined from Glo`shire at the same times as Norwell, but also has a low return of just six first-class appearances for the Midlands county.

Hamez 14 August, 2020 17:32
Worrying news that Bartlett is still feeling the effects of the concussion. Head injuries can be hard to shift and lead to complications so hope he's ok.

Somerset LaLaLa 14 August, 2020 19:23
From -
Tom Abell (c), Tom Banton, Jack Brooks, Eddie Byrom, Josh Davey, Steve Davies, Ben Green, Lewis Gregory, James Hildreth, Tom Lammonby, Craig Overton, Jamie Overton and Roelof van der Merwe

mikeindex 15 August, 2020 10:02
Looks like a fair chance of a reasonable day's play today but very little after that. Bowl first and at least nail three bowling points?

cricketjerry-mouse 15 August, 2020 10:55
Warwickshire won toss and bat. Lewis Gregory in for Jack Brooks.

It appears there is only a live stream if you are an Edgbaston member.

Nailsea_Fizz 15 August, 2020 11:08
Official Site suggests a live feed is coming.

mikeindex 15 August, 2020 11:12
Live stream appears to be running now.

Grockle 15 August, 2020 11:36
Live stream but no commentary it seems... COve strikes with Yates caught behind. We seem to have some 'mumbling' as a soundtrack as dort of ambient crowd but nothing else

(Sm72)

Grockle 15 August, 2020 11:39
Tune In BBC Live Event 9 (sorry)for those looking It's a ball behind the video as COve bowls Hain with an inswinging yorker. 15 for 2

(Sm72)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 15/08/2020 12:42 by Grockle.

Roger ivanhoe 15 August, 2020 11:52
Might be a silly posting , but I assume people with Smart TV's are aware they can watch YouTube on their TV;s

So much better than a laptop

AGod 15 August, 2020 12:06
We're really not going to hold onto Cove for long. Comparing him to Sam Curran is like comparing a Ferrari to a Trabant, for my money.

RadstockRob 15 August, 2020 12:31
I can’t find it on youtube

SOMERSET THE TEAM TO WATCH.

Grockle 15 August, 2020 12:41
Quote:
RadstockRob
I can’t find it on youtube

If you go through the Match Centre on the website first Rob and get it up on Youtube.

If you then go to your Youtube and look in your LIBRARY or HISTORY you will find it there then.

(Sm72)

Roger ivanhoe 15 August, 2020 12:44
Rob...(I can’t find it on youtube)

While on the live feed on your Laptop, at the bottom right hand corning you have a series of tabs, if you scroll over them, first one on the right is for full screen view on laptop, next to it should be a tab saying watch on TV, click on this tab.
Hope that helps

RadstockRob 15 August, 2020 12:48
Thanks

SOMERSET THE TEAM TO WATCH.

Grockle 15 August, 2020 12:49
It is a live feed. It isn't on Youtube until YOU watch it on Youtube. Then it is on YOUR Youtube so you have to watch it there first.

(Sm72)

Grockle 15 August, 2020 12:55
Interesting comments from Anthony Gibson about Jamie leaving.

Commentary will hopefully be linked after lunch. Seems it ls for want of a 'longer lead'. As I posted somewhere else it is all a bit 'cobbled' together at some places.... though I'm sure SKY wouldn't have any problem at Edgbaston of course, it being a Test Match venue of course (TiC)

As Bagpuss tweeted earlier, there are 'livestreams' and then there are SOMERSET livestreams. Little comparison.

(Sm72)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 15/08/2020 12:56 by Grockle.

mikeindex 15 August, 2020 13:00
I don't think the Warw live stream is anything like as good as ours, but it's better than nothing.

AGod 15 August, 2020 13:03
Ridiculous bowling from Craig Overton.

Absolutely ridiculous.

Looking every inch - quality-wise - ready to take on the mantle of the GREAT Andrew Richard Caddick as Somerset's next England opening bowler.

Couldn't have been better. Far, far, far too good for county level batsmen on this form.

The rest were actually a little below-par, I thought (compared to their usual standards, I mean, rather than just compared to Craig).

But, in a way, that's good, since the oppo are not many for 5 with room for improvement from 3 of the 4 main bowlers after lunch!

AGod 15 August, 2020 13:09
As Mr Gibson commented, the case of Craig O might be the first time, in living memory, that an England coaching intervention has actually benefited a bowler and (at least temporarily) their county. Usually they are a disaster. But a bit more pace allied to everything he already had, and Craig looks tickety-boo.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 15/08/2020 13:09 by AGod.

Grockle 15 August, 2020 13:21
He has found a quicker ball from somewhere and is too damn 'on the money' for the batsmen at the moment.

Good but of umph between Jamie and Lamb as well though I think JOve lost a bit of control for a while.

As Mikeindex says the Warks feed is a hell of a lot better than nothing but it is good that we get and therefore expect better

(Sm72)

Wickham 15 August, 2020 13:45
I agree with AG about Cove - it is difficult to believe that there has been a better session by a pace bowler this season.
What did Anthony Gibson say about Jove's departure?

AGod 15 August, 2020 13:51
For those that are unaware, the Beeb commentary has now been added to the livestream.

sfwithers 15 August, 2020 14:30
Normal service has been resumed – Somerset's seamers doing their sterling stuff. Though given the weather forecast it does appear chances of a result (either way) look slim. And Somerset's batsmen haven't exactly shone yet this season.

Come on!

Goto Page: 1234567Next
Current Page: 1 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net