Latest news:

GROCKLES welcomes you all to the world of Somerset Cricket.

WELCOME to the 26TH season of Grockles and the home of the ROYAL LONDON ONE DAY CUP CHAMPIONS 2019!! Next live county cricket at Taunton will be this long after the planned start date.....

Days or Hours or Minutes or Seconds

Old Pavilion Gimblett Hill General View Somerset Stand Stand Trescothick Stand
Ondaatje Pavilion Scoreboard Stand squad Colin Atkinson Pavilion Botham Stand
County Championship Info FPT20 Info CB40 Info Somerset Official Website Somerset Video Library Somerset Match Scorecard SCCC Ball by Ball

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 3 of 7
Re: Warwickshire vs Somerset, Edgbaston BW Trophy
Grockle 16 August, 2020 22:31
The Final is at Lord's I do believe

(Sm72)

AGod 16 August, 2020 22:33
That's my understanding as well.... and it's a *five*-day final.

cricketjerry-mouse 16 August, 2020 23:04
Matt Lamb has only 50/50 chance of batting in Warwickshire`s second innings. He has split his right big toe. Sounds painful.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 16/08/2020 23:06 by cricketjerry-mouse.

Scrumper 16 August, 2020 23:42
It's just a flesh wound.

Grockle 17 August, 2020 11:21
Live feed finally appears at about 11:10

Why can't people get stuff ready on time or at least let people know that there is an issue?

Still has that impression that this is something unimportant in the whole process at some places rather than the way people get to see what is going on.

"What? You mean you want us to provide visual live cover of a game you can't come in to see? You reckon the technology exists? But that means we have to get someone to organise that voodoo stuff we didn't have in the days of 'jumpers for wickets'. Why can't you just listen to the audio coverage... we already have that and the BBC may sometimes hide it but it is there somewhere."

Cottage bloody industry at a "Test Match state of the art venue"

(Sm72)

Scrumper 17 August, 2020 12:08
Declare O'Clock.

Grockle 17 August, 2020 12:10
50 partnership between SD and JOve

(Sm72)

Grockle 17 August, 2020 12:47
Well played Steve Davies and Jamie Overton who is sticking it to the Bears especially. Declaration at lunch one would expect.

(Sm72)

sfwithers 17 August, 2020 12:47
Well, looks like they're playing for maximum bonus points at maximum speed, which makes sense; the forecast (an imperfect science at best) suggests a reasonable amount of play today (40% chance of rain at 3pm, 30% at 6pm) and up until 3pm tomorrow, though this has already changed since this morning. So I'd probably support a declaration sooner rather than later, especially with a lead of 200+, a century for Davies and 50 for JOve. Lunch would make sense as you won't lose 10 minutes between innings.

Also, it's good to see Davies batting so well this season. He was brought in for his batting as well as his keeping, but as far as I can recall (without the aid of Google) this is his most consistent run in four-day cricket with Somerset.

Sloop John B 17 August, 2020 12:54
A fine century for Steve Davies anchoring the Somerset innings. Great support to from Jamie who has raced to 67 as I type. Hundred partnership.

Grockle 17 August, 2020 13:03
Yeah maybd pop back out for the 350 and the batting point. Though lunch is delayed ot seems so we'll pass it before then.

(Sm72)

Tumbles 17 August, 2020 13:10
4 batting points up. If anything would rather we stayed out with momentum on our side and get as close to 400 as possible. A pause for lunch maybe will refocus Warks. Continue the onslaught, Jamie.

AGod 17 August, 2020 13:13
Thank you, Steve and Jamie for a tremendous morning's entertainment!!

Jamie has absolutely murdered poor Craig Miles, who doesn't seem the smartest bowler around, trying to bounce Jamie, as a medium pacer and being repeatedly rifle-cracked over mid-wicket.

I suppose there may be a question of how much is left in this deck for the bowlers.. BUT.. if Craig O bowls anything like he has been doing, then I think he'll wring something out of the deck anyway. There's also the suggestion of something in the track for young Thomson, who has bowled presentably well, and that may be of interest to Mr Van Der Merwe.

Mr Overton, J, may also be feeling thoroughly inspired by his batting efforts too.

As Mr Gibson keeps saying, Warks have nothing left for which to play other than pride... and I guess we'll shortly find out how much of that commodity they have...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 17/08/2020 13:16 by AGod.

cricketjerry-mouse 17 August, 2020 13:14
Are Somerset about to lose the best No.10 batter on the county circuit?

AGod 17 August, 2020 13:18
... Having already lost "The best number 11 in the world," (to Kent, in that case).

Phrench Phil 17 August, 2020 13:22
Good Afternoon All.
I turned off the live commentary just after14H00 (13H00 local time) assuming lunch was about to be taken, only to see (but not hear) that another over was being played - sufficient to get our fourth batting point.
Whilst I am grateful for the extra over, does anybody know why we were afforded it? Was it due to what appeared to be an element of timewasting by Warwickshire?

Tumbles 17 August, 2020 13:37
Quote:
Phrench Phil
Good Afternoon All.
I turned off the live commentary just after14H00 (13H00 local time) assuming lunch was about to be taken, only to see (but not hear) that another over was being played - sufficient to get our fourth batting point.
Whilst I am grateful for the extra over, does anybody know why we were afforded it? Was it due to what appeared to be an element of timewasting by Warwickshire?

I presumed they played an extra 15 minutes because we were 8 down.. although usually its an extra 30 isn't it?

sfwithers 17 August, 2020 13:42
I know JOve is on a personal best with a century tantalising but surely Somerset's greatest chance of winning is to declare now and try to bowl out Warks in however many sessions remain out of the five that there could be (though almost certainly won't be). The wicket may have lost its life but Somerset's bowling line-up is strong and Warks have nothing to play for.

Get a couple of early wickets and hope the weather holds...

RadstockRob 17 August, 2020 13:43
It was because we are playing extra overs today

SOMERSET THE TEAM TO WATCH.

Grizzers 17 August, 2020 13:49
Just wow.

What a classy batsman Steve Davies is. And as for Jamie, that must have been some onslaught !

Couldn't dream of a morning like that. Fantastic stuff.

Grizzers

Tumbles 17 August, 2020 13:51
Quote:
sfwithers
I know JOve is on a personal best with a century tantalising but surely Somerset's greatest chance of winning is to declare now and try to bowl out Warks in however many sessions remain out of the five that there could be (though almost certainly won't be). The wicket may have lost its life but Somerset's bowling line-up is strong and Warks have nothing to play for.
Get a couple of early wickets and hope the weather holds...

We really could do with a full quota of points however, we don't want to be the side that misses out on the final due to not having as many points as the others.. granted we could regret that if we don't win today/tomorrow but I don't think and extra 20-30 minutes of smashing it around post lunch would make much difference.

Tumbles 17 August, 2020 13:55
Not sure Jamie needs 20 minutes..

sfwithers 17 August, 2020 14:00
It's a trade-off – and either or both methods (declaring/playing on) could either fail or succeed. I'd declare now but can see the logic of playing on until 400 or all out... as long as Somerset win!

Grizzers 17 August, 2020 14:06
Tremendous Jamie.

Simply wonderful !

Grizzers

sheffieldsabre 17 August, 2020 14:06
That was close ... I turned on the livestream with Jamie on 99*, which would normally be the cue for me to jinx everything and get him out. But it looks like we got away with it - well played, young man!

Tumbles 17 August, 2020 14:06
Right now swing the bat and get those extra 25 or so

Tumbles 17 August, 2020 14:12
Don't think Bresnan is JamieO's biggest fan

Grockle 17 August, 2020 14:16
Maximum bonus pointd. NOW get em in!!

(Sm72)

Tumbles 17 August, 2020 14:17
Whyyy are we not declaring.. come on.

sfwithers 17 August, 2020 14:20
I can see no reason for batting on now, with max batting points and a huge lead, unless it's to demoralise Warks for a few more mins...

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 3 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net