Latest news:

GROCKLES welcomes you all to the world of Somerset Cricket.

WELCOME to the 26TH season of Grockles and the home of the ROYAL LONDON ONE DAY CUP CHAMPIONS 2019!! Next live county cricket at Taunton will be this long after the planned start date.....

Days or Hours or Minutes or Seconds

Old Pavilion Gimblett Hill General View Somerset Stand Stand Trescothick Stand
Ondaatje Pavilion Scoreboard Stand squad Colin Atkinson Pavilion Botham Stand
County Championship Info FPT20 Info CB40 Info Somerset Official Website Somerset Video Library Somerset Match Scorecard SCCC Ball by Ball

Club Cricket.
Discussion started by RadstockRob , 22 August, 2020 16:04
Club Cricket.
RadstockRob 22 August, 2020 16:04
It's been difficult getting information of club games in these strange times

North Devon have been live streaming games on youtube from Instow.

Today the !st X! are home to Hatherleigh.

North Devon scored 214 and Hatherleigh are 34/4.

I 've been watching midweek games from Instow during the last week.

I've got 2 games on the go at the moment. Somerset on my smart tv and North Devon on lap top.

If I can't get to live cricket I'll let it come to me!

SOMERSET THE TEAM TO WATCH.

Re: Club Cricket.
RadstockRob 22 August, 2020 17:10
Hatherleigh 81 all out

North Devon win by 133 runs.

Des Platt 22 August, 2020 19:29
I’ve been very lucky to get a full day’s league cricket today in the bleak north-west. It was actually quite pleasant at times though did get cool towards the end. Plenty of matches in this area were rained off.

RadstockRob 22 August, 2020 19:49
I used to watch a lot of league cricket Des.

Nowadays there's no access to the clubhouse so no toilet facilites.

I might try a game next week but I'm not sure if I'd enjoy it.

Walking around the ground having a chat would be a no go now.

Des Platt 22 August, 2020 20:50
Probably too much detail Rob but one of the few parts of my 62-year-old body that is not breaking down yet is a cast-iron bladder. In the famous David Hughes 1971 Gillette cup semi-final at OT against Gloucestershire, this 13-year-old went from lunch till 9 o’clock without a toilet visit! I still remember in the toilets afterwards, my father (whom I’d been too frightened to leave all day in case I couldn’t find him again) said “by gum you needed that didn’t you feller“. Another man nearby said “didn’t we all? “ . I do sympathise though with the problem.

David Hughes always says that 100,000 people have told him they were at that match. I still have my dad’s ticket which was 50p and mine which was 25p; both still said the old price in shillings.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net