Latest news:

GROCKLES welcomes you all to the world of Somerset Cricket.

WELCOME to the 26TH season of Grockles and the home of the ROYAL LONDON ONE DAY CUP CHAMPIONS 2019!! Next live county cricket at Taunton will be this long after the planned start date.....

Days or Hours or Minutes or Seconds

Old Pavilion Gimblett Hill General View Somerset Stand Stand Trescothick Stand
Ondaatje Pavilion Scoreboard Stand squad Colin Atkinson Pavilion Botham Stand
County Championship Info FPT20 Info CB40 Info Somerset Official Website Somerset Video Library Somerset Match Scorecard SCCC Ball by Ball

Poll: Player of the Season 2020?
Discussion started by Grockle , 04 October, 2020 18:48
Poll: Player of the Season 2020?
Grockle 04 October, 2020 18:48

Who is the Pandemic Player of the Season 2020?

Tom Abell
Tom Lammonby
Ben Green
Steve Davies
Tom Abell
George Bartlett
Craig Overton
Josh Davey
Reolof van der Merwe
Lewis Gregory
Ollie Sale
Eddie Byrom
James Hildreth

You must be logged in to vote.

33 Votes

Show results

Thanks for the nominations. I've stuck them all in finally but I'm sure there will be only about 4 real candidates.

(Sm72)

Re: Poll: Player of the Season 2020?
Shepton Paul 2 04 October, 2020 19:44
Two Abell's, Grockle...

Cool I'll add em together. You can only vote once

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/10/2020 02:11 by Grockle.

Somerset LaLaLa 04 October, 2020 19:45
Tom Lammonby for me, best Somerset batsman in this truncated season. He seemed level headed and patient, yet able to hit out when required. Some confident shots against the quality of Porter and Harmer. Early days to where this may lead of course, but the vote is for 2020. Perhaps I'm being a little harsh on Craig Overton who may well win this, as the Lords pitch wasn't too kind to him

Des Platt 04 October, 2020 23:15
Cove for me. TL the most exciting find of season anywhere. . However, Cove’s all round performances win it ; even at Lord’s we could have been sunk without his batting. Could easily have had Cook early on a few times; there’s always a fair degree of luck in cricket. Catching superb too.

The luck is why it needs to be a long game; that fiasco of a tournament at Edgbaston today had all the long lasting significance of tiddlywinks. 11 overs ; utter tosh.

Sorry rant off subject ; Cove.

Grockle 12 October, 2020 00:18
I'd say

CRAIG OVERTON is a pretty heavy winner

TOM LAMMONBY would be the Newcomer of the Year

(Sm72)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net