Latest news:

WELCOME TO THE MIDDLESEX ROOM, THE ONLY MESSAGE BOARD ON THE INTERNET DEDICATED TO MIDDLESEX CCC

Let the 2019 season begin

Robbie Williams & Other Middlesex Students
Discussion started by Banjobaggins , 12 April, 2009 13:37
Robbie Williams & Other Middlesex Students
Banjobaggins 12 April, 2009 13:37
Good to see Robbie Williams back on the park, playing for Durham against Lancashire. By the look of things, he is being nursed back gently, bowling 4 4 over spells and returning a respectable 1-37 off 16. Hopefully he will be fully match fit by the time he returns to the Middx

[edited by admin merely to amend title]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 14/04/2009 21:42 by Ged.

Re: Robbie Williams
Janet Davis 12 April, 2009 14:37
good news indeed

Jeff Coleman 12 April, 2009 15:30
A quick troll through the UCCA scores shows that MCCC academy graduate and 2's player Gavin Baker, Michael Baer MCCC 2's and Dawid's brother Charl Malan are playing for Loughborough V Leics. Gavin bowled Dippenaar for 3.

Jivan Lotay another academy graduate is in the Cambridge side v Yorks.

Toby Roland-Jones took 3-57 for Brad/Leeds v Surrey. Toby has also played for the 2's.

The Diamond ruled ok 13 April, 2009 07:10
That Loughborough side is very strong this year and should do really well in the Uni competitions..

Go Lougabarouga !!

No bias at all except my daughter is at that uni and loving it , the sports facilities , training , medical care and general lifestyle are something else she says .

Little wonder the ECB have a presence there .

A solid grounding there in the game ,with excellence the key factor, should help all our lads to breakthrough into the first class game .

Ged 13 April, 2009 07:25
Many thanks to Banjobaggins and JC67 for spotting our young lads in action.

As long as his march towards full fitness continues, I suspect we will see Robbie Williams playing some 1st team cricket this yera in the 2nd half of the season. Next year I believe we get a full season of him.

Ged 13 April, 2009 18:12
Indeed Gavin Baker gets a respectable 57* as Loughborough Students get the better of a draw v Leics today.

The Diamond ruled ok 13 April, 2009 19:36
The students will be partying on the streets of.....Leicester tonight !

JSRF 14 April, 2009 13:54
Josh Knappett played for Worcs against Oxford - I think that was his first class debut?

For those who don't know the background information, he represented Middlesex from I believe U11 to U19s, and is the son of David Knappett who runs the Middlesex Cricket Colts section. A good keeper and a handy bat - watch out for him, when Davies is selected for England.

blaster89 14 April, 2009 14:22
i assume that these middlesex youngsters are being kept tabs on in terms of how their cricket is going? with the view of possibly trialing them again. excellent to see them putting in good performances against the first-class counties.

JSRF 14 April, 2009 14:24
Ged - any chance that you could rename this thread - not really about Robbie anymore.

Banjobaggins 14 April, 2009 14:51
That will be Phil Knappett not David!!!

JSRF 14 April, 2009 14:54
Thanks Banjo - as I was writing that - I had a gut feeling that I had got his name wrong. Thanks for the correction. Phil trained me as a ECB level one coach several years ago.

Re: Robbie Williams & Other Middlesex Students
Ged 14 April, 2009 21:43
Your wish is my command, JSRF (topic titlewise at least).

Jeff Coleman 15 April, 2009 16:46
Jivan Lotay gets Joycey for 9.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 15/04/2009 16:46 by JC67.

JSRF 15 April, 2009 16:57
Not quite Middlesex boy, but Gatting has a century on first class debut - I'm sure Uncle Mike will be delighted.

blaster89 14 May, 2009 00:52
Was looking through the scorecards of the university matches and came across the name Gavin Baker. He's played a few times in our 2's and was a member of the academy and seems to be putting in some good performances with the bat in first-class cricket for Loughborough UCCE with a 57* vs. Leicestershire and 66 vs. Hampshire. He's chipped in with a couple of wickets too. Does anyone know if he still has affiliations with Middlesex and if not maybe we've missed a trick there. Seems like a very promising all rounder to me when we are still looking for a player to fill that spot.

Dawid Malan's brother Charl has also been playing for Loughborough

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net