Latest news:

WELCOME TO THE MIDDLESEX ROOM, THE ONLY MESSAGE BOARD ON THE INTERNET DEDICATED TO MIDDLESEX CCC

Eating away over the winter

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: MTWD Glossary 2.0
Jonathan Winsky 08 October, 2010 08:23
If Chris Rogers' nickname is effeminate then hopefully opposition bowlers will have the decency not to hit him.

comebackgatt 08 October, 2010 10:20
Surely it should be "Trigger". Trigger..Roy...Rogers...
although maybe only us oldies can remember that.

Beeamazed 08 October, 2010 11:21
Now ,now young Winsky.
Becoming a WUM is lowering your standards...(Sm102)

The Diamond ruled ok 08 October, 2010 18:53
Surely it should be "Trigger". Trigger..Roy...Rogers...
although maybe only us oldies can remember that.

Or for the less aged maybe "Dave".

Jonathan Winsky 08 October, 2010 19:42
One of the administrators on the Save Iain O'Brien Facebook page is called Cory Hazelhurst, so if OB is indeed saved then maybe we could pay homage to Hazelhurst by adopting it as Corey Collymore's nickname.

Hopefully OB and Collymore will be able to play alongside each other in 2011.

Jonathan Winsky 10 October, 2010 09:11
Date: 10/10/2010 10:10

Some people said they expect me to do a 10/10/10/10/10 post, so I had to do it on this thread as this is an 'article' thread, and therefore the date is displayed in short form. It wouldn't have worked on a conventional thread as on conventional threads the dates are displayed in long form.

Oops, I mistimed it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/10/2010 09:13 by Jonathan Winsky.

The Diamond ruled ok 10 October, 2010 09:32
(Sm22)

Jonathan Winsky 11 March, 2011 00:39
Scott Newman's nickname should be 'overwhelming'. I found the way he went from 20 to 119 between lunch and tea v Derbyshire at Derby back in August overwhelming. I found the lack of posts on the March Photo Caption Contest (in which he is the subject) overwhelming. I found the amount of Tweets he had made before I discovered he was on Twitter overwhelming. I found the way his tally of followers shot up tonight overwhelming (and it seems he was overwhelmed too, as he Tweeted that he wished to turn off the overwhelming amount of emails he received saying he had new followers).

Hopefully he can overwhelm us in 2011 by scoring a high amount of runs.

Jonathan Winsky 14 August, 2011 09:04
It appears that one of Eoin Morgan's nicknames is 'number 4', as whenever he communicates with fellow ex-Middlesex player Ben Scott on Facebook or Twitter, Morgan is referred to by that name. When Morgan sent birthday wishes to Scott on Facebook in 2010, he wrote "Number 4..happy birthday boss!!", while when he did so in 2011, he wrote "Happy Birthday Number 4!!". This morning, to toast Morgan's England team becoming number one in the world, Scott wrote on Twitter "number 4 is number 1 so confusing!!! Well done dog heavy rent!!".

Actually, 'number 4' could be Scott's nickname. I'm the confused one!

Jonathan Winsky 26 April, 2012 10:47
Apparently a book titled 'Dial M for Murdoch' is being published about controversial News Corporation chairman/CEO Rupert Murdoch, so I am not sure whether Tim Murtagh will be happy with his nickname of 'Dial M' being associated with such a book.

Maybe the time has come to start calling him the 'Lambeth Lara', as he has been in good form with the bat recently and Will Atkins often refers to Murtagh by that name on commentary, on Twitter and on his blogs.

middle_luke 26 April, 2012 11:15
I prefer Lambeth Lara to Dial M, personally, witty though Dial M is!

adelaide 26 April, 2012 11:23
So Tim will be less happy to be linked with Murdoch than Murder? Hmmm.

Adelaide

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net