Latest news:

WELCOME TO THE MIDDLESEX ROOM, THE ONLY MESSAGE BOARD ON THE INTERNET DEDICATED TO MIDDLESEX CCC

Eating away over the winter

Current Page: 121 of 121
Re: ON THE MOVE OR GOING NOWHERE.
Jonathan Winsky 27 December, 2019 17:08

Jonathan Winsky 28 December, 2019 18:17
Subject to the required paperwork being completed, Vernon Philander will sign for Somerset as a Kolpak player, although it is unclear how many seasons his contract would be for.

chunkyinargyll 08 January, 2020 19:16
Believed to be two years (I think Surrey said so, even if Sussex don't disclose contract lengths)

Got a bit of a fright to discover Meaker will be 31 in a couple of weeks. I thought he was still fairly young (26ish). I suppose it is because he plays so rarely I was still thinking of him as someone with his future ahead of him, rather than (age wise) on the way to retirement.

Jonathan Winsky 16 January, 2020 18:18

chunkyinargyll 17 January, 2020 13:06
Ollie Price has signed his first two year deal for Gloucestershire.

[www.thecricketer.com]

And Derbyshire youngster Neils Priestley gets a one year deal.

[www.thecricketer.com]

Jonathan Winsky 17 January, 2020 18:17
Tom Barber has signed for Nottinghamshire on a contract for the 2020 season, so maybe this will be the county where he can do what he was unable to do at Hampshire and Middlesex, which was to play regular 1st XI cricket and remind everyone why some people believe he is capable of going on to play for England.

Marlowboy 17 January, 2020 22:08
Didn't work out for him at Middle. Can only wish him well at Notts, excluding when they play us.

chunkyinargyll 17 January, 2020 22:19
I guess he's hoping for a new sense of direction.

Well, any sense of direction would be a start.

95 mph is all well and good, but the ball does need to end up somewhere near the stumps 22 yards away.

Jonathan Winsky 21 January, 2020 18:20

Current Page: 121 of 121

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net