Latest news:

WELCOME TO THE MIDDLESEX ROOM, THE ONLY MESSAGE BOARD ON THE INTERNET DEDICATED TO MIDDLESEX CCC

Eating away over the winter

Current Page: 10 of 120
Re: ON THE MOVE OR GOING NOWHERE.
Jonathan Winsky 16 April, 2012 08:58
thecricketer.com say that Nathan Buck and Greg Smith have signed 12-month extensions to their contracts at Leicestershire, although the article doesn't make it clear when their contracts expire.

Jonathan Winsky 18 April, 2012 17:23

Jonathan Winsky 20 April, 2012 20:24

Jonathan Winsky 26 April, 2012 13:32
Quote:
Vic. on 24th February
Scott Patterson leaves the Oval, wonder if they would like to sign me? Best dust off the old CV again.
Quote:
chunkyinargyll on 24th February
I have to admit I didn't recognise the name Scott Patterson. There is an american actor of the same name, but this SP was head groundsmen at The Oval. It does say Surrey are welcoming applications...
Quote:
The Diamond ruled ok on 25th February
Don't you dare put in an application Vic!
Quote:
Vic. on 25th February
Be fun kissing the badge on the roller before the vermin though (Sm100)
Quote:
Which vermin? Them or "Vermin Corner".

Kiss the badge on the roller at the Sorry Oval and we could do a raffle to see who ran you over with it while you were doing that. All proceeds to charity of course,though not the flat earth society.
Quote:
Ajay on 25th February
Scott Patterson details on appointment Jan 2011

[www.espncricinfo.com]

Scott Patterson's replacement as head groundsman at The Oval will be Lee Fortis.

Jonathan Winsky 26 April, 2012 17:03
Quote:

Injury will prevent this from happening. I would have written that earlier, but I feared it wouldn't have looked right to make back-to-back posts within a short period.

adelaide 26 April, 2012 18:26
Quote:
Jonathan WinskyScott Patterson's replacement as head groundsman at The Oval will be Lee Fortis[/url

Judging from the absence of play sarf of (or perhaps in) the river today, they should have appointed Sir Steven Redgrave.

Adelaide

Vic. 26 April, 2012 18:56
Quote:
Jonathan Winsky
Quote:
Vic. on 24th February
Scott Patterson leaves the Oval, wonder if they would like to sign me? Best dust off the old CV again.
Quote:
chunkyinargyll on 24th February
I have to admit I didn't recognise the name Scott Patterson. There is an american actor of the same name, but this SP was head groundsmen at The Oval. It does say Surrey are welcoming applications...
Quote:
Don't you dare put in an application Vic!
Quote:
Vic. on 25th February
Be fun kissing the badge on the roller before the vermin though (Sm100)
Quote:
Which vermin? Them or "Vermin Corner".

Kiss the badge on the roller at the Sorry Oval and we could do a raffle to see who ran you over with it while you were doing that. All proceeds to charity of course,though not the flat earth society.
Quote:
Ajay on 25th February
Scott Patterson details on appointment Jan 2011

[www.espncricinfo.com]

Scott Patterson's replacement as head groundsman at The Oval will be Lee Fortis.

Having spent an hour in his company yesterday over a pint in EC1..............................................

The Diamond ruled ok 26 April, 2012 19:32
Before or after the pair of you went up before the committee to see who had got the job Vic.

Jonathan Winsky 30 April, 2012 11:12
Providing Cricket Australia grant a No Objection Certificate, [url=http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/cricket/17895477Mitchell Starc will play as an overseas player for the majority of the remainder of Yorkshire's season[/url].

Jonathan Winsky 01 May, 2012 14:53
The way the above post should have come out is:

Providing Cricket Australia grant a No Objection Certificate, Mitchell Starc will play as an overseas player for the majority of the remainder of Yorkshire's season.

Quote:
Jonathan Winsky on 18th November
Despite signing for Leicestershire, Martin van Jaarsveld has today announced his retirement from cricket and will therefore not be fulfilling his contract

thecricketer.com now report that Martin van Jaarsveld has will play for Glamorgan as a domestic player, so clearly he hasn't retired.

And while I was writing this post, ecb.co.uk have reported the news too. It seems that he hasn't actually retired, but in fact wanted a break between his commitments in South Africa, hence him opting against playing for Leicestershire.

Jonathan Winsky 01 May, 2012 17:12
I am very surprised by news that Ajmal Shahzad is set to leave Yorkshire with immediate affect and play for another county 'in the interests of development'.

I know that Somerset are looking to sign a fast bowler on loan due to an injury crisis, so I can see him going there.

Middlesex were linked with signing him in the winter of 2009/10, but we have enough quality fast bowlers at the club nowadays.

Jonathan Winsky 03 May, 2012 17:44
It has finally been announced that Chris Gayle will not play Twenty20 cricket for Somerset this summer due to him now being happy to play for West Indies again. As a result, ex-Lancashire all-rounder Francois du Plessis will play as their overseas player. I still associate du Plessis with conceding 20 runs off his only over in Lancashire's Twenty20 quarter-final against a Dawid Malan-inspired Middlesex in 2008. As a consequence of Gayle not being able to play, it seems that Somerset are taking legal advice on the issue, as he had signed a contract.

Matthew Hoggard will remain at Leicestershire until at least 2013.

Jonathan Winsky 09 May, 2012 16:41

Current Page: 10 of 120

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net