Latest news:

WELCOME TO THE MIDDLESEX ROOM, THE ONLY MESSAGE BOARD ON THE INTERNET DEDICATED TO MIDDLESEX CCC

Let the 2019 season begin

Current Page: 11 of 117
Re: ON THE MOVE OR GOING NOWHERE.
Jonathan Winsky 15 May, 2012 12:43
Quote:
Jonathan Winsky
ex-Lancashire all-rounder Francois du Plessis will play as their [Somerset's] overseas player

Francois du Plessis can no longer play in Somerset's Twenty20 campaign, as South Africa have a one-day seiries in Zimbabwe.

Jonathan Winsky 18 May, 2012 21:47
Somerset have tried their luck with Richard Levi in pursuit of someone to fill the berth they were hopeful of Chris Gayle or Francois du Plessis filling.

chunkyinargyll 18 May, 2012 21:52
Some posters on Grockles want the England captain back in their ranks, so they can open with Levi and Strauss.

Beeamazed 18 May, 2012 22:35
Must be in the genes.....

Jonathan Winsky 25 May, 2012 16:22

chunkyinargyll 25 May, 2012 16:27
I googled 'meaning of shafayat' You can too if you like.

I presume this must be true-

Midget that screams like a girl.

Google it yourself if you don't believe me!

Jonathan Winsky 29 May, 2012 00:11
Jake Needham has retired from playing cricket. He will now be part of Derbyshire's media and marketing department.

Jonathan Winsky 10 June, 2012 10:25
Somerset have signed Kevin O'Brien for their Twenty20 campaign.

I don't think he was due to play in Gloucestershire's campaign, as their financial situation meant they couldn't afford him for 2012.

Jonathan Winsky 11 June, 2012 13:46
Sussex's Twenty20 overseas player will be Rusty Theron.

The first thing that comes to my mind when thinking of Theron is that he looks like Eoin Morgan, something I have thought when seeing him playing for South Africa or his IPL franchise. I would be surprised if he has never been mistaken for Moggy. Images of him can be viewed here.

Jonathan Winsky 14 June, 2012 23:37
Durham have signed Johann Myburgh, with their official website saying it is for the duration of their Twenty20 campaign.

Beeamazed 15 June, 2012 16:40
Rob Nichol was 2 seasons ago playing for Hitchin in Herts League Div One.
Unsurprisingly he scored over 1000 runs averaging nearly a hundred.
It's always nice to pick up a gem like that at club level for a season.

chunkyinargyll 17 June, 2012 10:17
Jonathan has mentioned on another thread that James Kettleborough has moved to Northants. However, the twitter comment says 'for now' so I don't think at this stage it's permanant. With so many on the staff he isn't even guaranteed to always get in the second eleven, although he is the first academy batsmen we turn to when there is a vacancy.(in the 2's)

Jonathan Winsky 26 June, 2012 17:20

Current Page: 11 of 117

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net