Latest news:

WELCOME TO THE MIDDLESEX ROOM, THE ONLY MESSAGE BOARD ON THE INTERNET DEDICATED TO MIDDLESEX CCC

Eating away over the winter

Current Page: 114 of 120
Re: ON THE MOVE OR GOING NOWHERE.
Jonathan Winsky 27 June, 2019 18:12
I think most people expected that this would be the final season Marcus Trescothick's professional career, as he is now aged 43 and for I think the first time in his career, is unable to get into Somerset's County Championship side. He now has a few career options within coaching and in the media, so I am confident that finding further employment will pose him little difficulty. Despite losing his place in the Somerset side, I am certain that he would be filled with lots of joy if they could finally win a maiden Championship title.

At Warwickshire, ex Yorkshire fast bowler James Wainman has been registered for the next month, while 20-year-old Bailey Wightman has signed a short-term contract there.

Matt Quinn has extended his contract at Essex until 2021.

Nicholas Pooran will play as an overseas player in the first five matches of Yorkshire’s Twenty20 campaign.

Jonathan Winsky 30 June, 2019 09:45
Warwickshire have made another foray into division two, with Leicestershire’s Ben Mike signing on a four-week loan.

chunkyinargyll 03 July, 2019 09:11
Sussex have signed Reece Topley for the rest of the season, starting July 19th.

[www.bbc.co.uk]

chunkyinargyll 05 July, 2019 15:49
Quote:

Tom Westley has decided to stay with Essex until the end of 2022, and Nick Browne until the end of 2021-

[www.bbc.co.uk]

chunkyinargyll 08 July, 2019 12:30
Harinath on loan to Hants-

[www.bbc.co.uk]

and Willey signs new deal at Yorkshire, to take him to the end of 2022.

[www.bbc.co.uk]

Grizzers 11 July, 2019 11:37
Done Bess back to Yorkshire for another month on loan, this time in the T20 format:

[yorkshireccc.com]

Grizzzly

Jonathan Winsky 15 July, 2019 18:57

chunkyinargyll 17 July, 2019 09:50
43 year old Darren Stevens joins Derbyshire on loan for T20.

[www.bbc.co.uk]

Now, I've got a lot of time for Darren Stevens, but Derbyshire aren't going to win the T20, so what is the point of taking a 43 year old on loan, and depriving one of their kids of a first team place?

Jonathan Winsky 19 July, 2019 17:34
Warwickshire’s latest expedition into the loan market is to bring in Hampshire’s Fidel Edwards for the first 10 matches of their Twenty20 campaign.

chunkyinargyll 23 July, 2019 18:57
Daren Stevens leaves Kent at the end of the season.

[www.bbc.co.uk]

He hasn't actually announced his retirement, so I don't know if he is hoping Derbyshire will offer him something next year.

adelaide 24 July, 2019 00:02
Or his spiritual home, Leicestershire?

My recollection is that he didn't really take up bowling seriously until he got to Kent. A good career move; I doubt if he would have survived this long just on batting.

Adelaide

chunkyinargyll 24 July, 2019 05:25
Darren Stevens has reached the stage where he is a bed blocker.

Any team that signs him would be holding up progress.

Maybe he'll get a gig as an icon player in the hundred.

Jonathan Winsky 26 July, 2019 18:18
There were rumours that Jos Buttler would return to Somerset next season, but he has extended his contract at Lancashire until 2022.

At Nottinghamshire, Imad Wasim has signed for the remainder of their Twenty20 campaign, while Mark Footitt has left the club.

Jonathan Winsky 02 August, 2019 21:50
Keshav Maharaj will once again play as Yorkshire’s overseas player, representing them in their remaining Twenty20 matches and their next two County Championship matches.

Current Page: 114 of 120

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net