Latest news:

WELCOME TO THE MIDDLESEX ROOM, THE ONLY MESSAGE BOARD ON THE INTERNET DEDICATED TO MIDDLESEX CCC

Let the 2019 season begin

Current Page: 4 of 117
Re: ON THE MOVE OR GOING NOWHERE.
Mart 14 December, 2011 19:23
Cook was never on £90,000 although £24,000 is still an insult.

Vic. 14 December, 2011 19:51
Still more than many CC employees earn though!!!!

Jonathan Winsky 15 December, 2011 10:06
Vernon Philander will play the first two months of the 2012 season for Somerset. Middlesex supporters will have the entirely optional opportunity of giving him an applause in the County Championship match at Taunton which begins on Thursday 5th April, although I think his stint will finish at the end of May, thus ruling him out of the reverse fixture at Lord's beginning on Tuesday 5th June.

Beeamazed 15 December, 2011 11:57
He left his head behind during his short spell with us.
But he was a mere lad...

Jonathan Winsky 16 December, 2011 16:23

The Diamond ruled ok 17 December, 2011 15:27
A trier I would describe Vernon as , I do hope it works out for him this time , just not against us.

668neighbourofthebeast 19 December, 2011 19:43
Kent have signed the younger Harmison. Hope they can get the potential that I think he has out of him. It all went horribly wrong for him season of 2011 with us, but he showed lots of promise in 2010.

Best of luck to him.

Jonathan Winsky 21 December, 2011 16:14

Jonathan Winsky 22 December, 2011 11:01

chunkyinargyll 22 December, 2011 11:19
Probably more Surrey than KP. Even they would struggle to pay him what he thinks he is worth. All the time he has a central contract he costs nothing. If that changes they might have to pay him more than £200,000 a year. If that happens they might go over the 1.9 million salary cap.

The Diamond ruled ok 24 December, 2011 07:13
Nothing really strange about the terms of KP's new Sorry contract JW,he only ever went there to maintain his status as a registered County player and thus his selection for England. No County = No contract of a central nature.

KP get's to train in London near his home,Sorry get a pocket full of cash registering him and the occasional appearance from him in their side (which is more than we did from Moggy last season).

The Diamond ruled ok 24 December, 2011 11:14
Going nowhere ? Anyone who had planned to use the tube on Boxing Day.

Vic. 24 December, 2011 13:40
Quote:
The Diamond ruled ok
Going nowhere ? Anyone who had planned to use the tube on Boxing Day.
Is Beefy ill?

Jonathan Winsky 30 December, 2011 17:40
David Hussey and Scott Elstone have written on Twitter that Hussey will turn out for Nottinghamshire in 2012 between June and the end of the season, and BBC have written an article about it, although the club are yet to confirm whether the news is true.

Hussey seems to have a long-standing relationship with Notts, having played for them in seven of the last eight seasons, something which is rare in county cricket in the modern era, and about the only other example of a long relationship between a county and an overseas player is Danish Kaneria with Essex.

Jonathan Winsky 06 January, 2012 09:27
As has been rumoured for some time Phil Hughes will now play the whole of the 2012 season for Worcestershire, so Middlesex supporters will have two extra opportunities to pay homage to him/applaud him/welcome him back to home soil/do nothing.

chunkyinargyll 06 January, 2012 09:36
That was quite funny, JW. I suspect I, like many others, will take the latter of those options.

Beeamazed 06 January, 2012 12:52
JW ,as I and others have stated previously homage is for legends and the like.
He was only here for about 10 mins(albeit successfully),so home soil is hardly appropriate.
I might give him a ripple of applause should he reach 50 or a ton,but that's it.
He's hardly MTWD material is he......?

Current Page: 4 of 117

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net