Latest news:

WELCOME TO THE MIDDLESEX ROOM, THE ONLY MESSAGE BOARD ON THE INTERNET DEDICATED TO MIDDLESEX CCC

Eating away over the winter

Current Page: 5 of 120
Re: ON THE MOVE OR GOING NOWHERE.
BeefyRoberts 08 January, 2012 12:05
I see Kent have signed Sainsburys and are moving into the County Ground within the next few months.Can i use my nectar points for a ticket next season?

chunkyinargyll 09 January, 2012 12:30
Joe Gatting has added a year to his current Sussex contract, taking him to the end of the 2013 season (BBC)

Jonathan Winsky 11 January, 2012 15:00
Quote:
Jonathan Winsky on 30th December
David Hussey and Scott Elstone have written on Twitter that Hussey will turn out for Nottinghamshire in 2012 between June and the end of the season, and BBC have written an article about it, although the club are yet to confirm whether the news is true.

Hussey seems to have a long-standing relationship with Notts, having played for them in seven of the last eight seasons

Nottinghamshire director of cricket Mick Newell says that it is not yet clear whether David Hussey will be able to come over, as it may not happen if it looks likely that Hussey will have international commitments which would clash with the spell in which Notts would like him to play.

Jonathan Winsky 11 January, 2012 16:19
Quote:
Jonathan Winsky on 12th December
Quote:
Jonathan Winsky on 25th October
Alviro Petersen may return to Glamorgan as a Kolpak player as he appears not to currently be part of South Africa's Test side

thecricketer.com today report that Alviro Petersen's inclusion in South Africa's squad for Thursday's first Test v Sri Lanka implies that his international days are far from over, something which would make it unlikely that Glamorgan will be able to sign him as a Kolpak player in 2012.

Glamorgan have now abandoned their hopes of signing Alviro Petersen for any of the 2012 season.

I don't know what has sparked the recent surge of announcements regarding contracts or signings!

Jonathan Winsky 12 January, 2012 13:30
The fact that Glamorgan will be unable to sign Alviro Petersen means that Essex may instead sign him as an early-season overseas player.

Four players have extending their contracts at Leicestershire until 2013, namely Greg Smith, Josh Cobb, Alex Wyatt and Will Jefferson.

The Diamond ruled ok 13 January, 2012 18:33
May? What's that then? A one month rolling contract? Must be.

Jonathan Winsky 17 January, 2012 16:18
BBC report that Hampshire captain Jimmy Adams has extended his contract until the end of the 2013/14 season, so I don't know whether that means it will run out before or after the 2014 season.

chunkyinargyll 17 January, 2012 17:46
almost certainly written by a football journalist!

Hampshire ccc's official site confirms until the end of 2014 season.

Jonathan Winsky 19 January, 2012 17:27
Mohammad Yousuf may sign for Leicestershire as their overseas player for 2012. Both parties would like the deal to go ahead, but Yousuf would like to be given the whole of Ramadan off. For 2012, the festival runs from 1st to 30th August.

For some reason, the article refers to the festival as "Ramazan", although I think it is the same thing.

Beeamazed 19 January, 2012 17:42
I think "Ramazan" might be a tranquiliser....winking smiley

Jonathan Winsky 19 January, 2012 20:17
Just hours after the above article was published on Cricinfo, it has been announced that Leicestershire have given up on signing Mohammad Yousuf.

RadstockRob 25 January, 2012 07:44
Dan Housego has signed for Gloucestershire.Thought they were supposed to be skint.

SOMERSET THE TEAM TO WATCH.

chunkyinargyll 25 January, 2012 07:53
Rob-

You beat me to it by a couple of minutes!

JW- You need to get up earlier if you want to be first with the news!

I'll start another thread, as there are a few Housego fans on MTWD.

RadstockRob 25 January, 2012 08:49
Estate agents require as much publicity as possible.

SOMERSET THE TEAM TO WATCH.

Jonathan Winsky 25 January, 2012 09:25
Although I aim to write about any news as soon as possible after I see it, I don't mind if others write about it before me. If the news breaks while I am in bed, at college or doing something else where I am unable to check the latest news, then other people are bound to be in a position to write about the news before me.

chunkyinargyll 25 January, 2012 09:52
Having had a look at Gloucestershire ccc's official site it would appear they posted the information at 3.32 and 58 seconds yesterday afternoon.

Under normal circumstances I would expect a link and your considered opinion no later than 3.40pm.

What's up with you man?

Jonathan Winsky 25 January, 2012 14:54
The results of typing 'Housego' into Twitter show that the first time the news was mentioned on that site was at 4:28am today, Gloucestershire's NewsNow feed shows that the first time the news was mentioned on that site was at 5:06am today and the results of typing 'Dan Housego' into Google News says the first time the news was mentioned on that site was nine hours ago. Therefore, it looks like either I was not the only person to fail to see the news until more than 13 hours after it was announced on Gloucestershire's website or the time stated in the website is incorrect. I noticed on Monday night that a Daily Telegraph article written by Paul Bolton said it was published at 11:59pm that evening, yet I saw the article before that time, which gives me hope that the time stated on Gloucestershire's website is incorrect. However, I know that sometimes news can appear on a club's official website, yet the media can take some time to react to it, as I remember when Middlesex's official website announced Jamie Dalrymple's departure in 2007, I thought to myself that it would spark a flurry of articles considering it was concerning someone who had recently played for England, yet I don't think any articles were published until the following morning.

I am unhappy to hear that Somerset have signed South African all-rounder Albie Morkel for their Twenty20 campaign, as I have seen him on TV a bit over the last couple of years, and wouldn't have minded him being Middlesex's overseas player for the competition. I think they originally signed Roelof van der Merwe, but it seems they are having problems with his work permit.

As the first paragraph of this post took me ages to write due to amount of research I had to make, I fear that someone may have already written about Morkel signing for Somerset on another thread!

Current Page: 5 of 120

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net