Latest news:

WELCOME TO THE MIDDLESEX ROOM, THE ONLY MESSAGE BOARD ON THE INTERNET DEDICATED TO MIDDLESEX CCC

Eating away over the winter

Current Page: 7 of 120
Re: ON THE MOVE OR GOING NOWHERE.
Jonathan Winsky 22 February, 2012 14:29
Quote:
Jonathan Winsky on 11th January
Quote:
Jonathan Winsky on 30th December
David Hussey and Scott Elstone have written on Twitter that Hussey will turn out for Nottinghamshire in 2012 between June and the end of the season, and BBC have written an article about it, although the club are yet to confirm whether the news is true.

Hussey seems to have a long-standing relationship with Notts, having played for them in seven of the last eight seasons

Nottinghamshire director of cricket Mick Newell says that it is not yet clear whether David Hussey will be able to come over, as it may not happen if it looks likely that Hussey will have international commitments which would clash with the spell in which Notts would like him to play.

It appears that Adam Voges is likely to play for Nottinghamshire for the whole of 2012, although the chances of David Hussey representing them at any point look dead due to his Australia commitments.

Jonathan Winsky 23 February, 2012 09:24
Warwickshire have signed 16-year-old Sam Hain on a two-year contract, although the article is unclear whether the contract runs between 2012 and 2013, runs between 2013 and 2014 or runs for just 2013.

chunkyinargyll 23 February, 2012 13:01
I would suggest if it's a 2 year contract then by definition it can't be for only 2013!

I had thought you couldn't sign a pro contract till you were 17, although there have been plenty of examples of 16 year olds making their 1st class debuts (eg Godleman and Finn). Yorks even had a 15 year old keeper last year, although his name escapes me.

Having read it again, I would say 2013/14, and ties in with my view you have to be 17 to get a pro contract. He probably turns 17 midway through season.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 23/02/2012 13:05 by chunkyinargyll.

Jonathan Winsky 23 February, 2012 15:55
Ex-Yorkshire batsman Jacques Rudolph will play for Surrey at the start of the 2012 season, presumably until the end of the IPL, at which point Murali Kartik will arrive.

Jonathan Winsky 23 February, 2012 17:43
Northamptonshire have signed Con de Lange for 2012. He is a 31-year-old South African-born left-arm spinner who qualifies as a domestic player through residence and whose career can be analysed on Cricket Archive and Cricinfo.

comebackgatt 23 February, 2012 19:21
Sorry sign someone? Surely not(Sm100)

Vic. 24 February, 2012 18:45
Scott Patterson leaves the Oval, wonder if they would like to sign me? Best dust off the old CV again.

chunkyinargyll 24 February, 2012 18:53
I have to admit I didn't recognise the name Scott Patterson. There is an american actor of the same name, but this SP was head groundsmen at The Oval. It does say Surrey are welcoming applications...

The Diamond ruled ok 25 February, 2012 06:19
Don't you dare put in an application Vic!

Vic. 25 February, 2012 08:04
Be fun kissing the badge on the roller before the vermin though(Sm100)

The Diamond ruled ok 25 February, 2012 08:22
Which vermin? Them or "Vermin Corner".

Kiss the badge on the roller at the Sorry Oval and we could do a raffle to see who ran you over with it while you were doing that. All proceeds to charity of course,though not the flat earth society.

Ajay 25 February, 2012 15:48
Scott Patterson details on appointment Jan 2011

[www.espncricinfo.com]

Jonathan Winsky 27 February, 2012 09:48
Hampshire have decided to rename their ground as the 'Ageas Bowel', which sounds like a condition which may effect elderly people.

When the name of a venue or competition changes its name for sponsorship reasons, my attitude is always that I reserve the right to refer to the venue or competition by whichever name I choose, unless someone agrees to give me financial or material rewards for using the new name, in which case I would happily use the new name. Therefore, I have no intention of refering to the ground as anything other than the 'Rose Bowl', 'Rose Bowel' or 'venue of Middlesex's 2008 Twenty20 Cup triumph'.

Jonathan Winsky 27 February, 2012 10:40
Providing Cricket Australia approve, Peter Siddle will represent Essex in their Twenty20 campaign.

adelaide 28 February, 2012 11:43
Fortunately it remains a Bowl rather than a Bowel, wg=hich comes as a bit of, er, relief.

IIRC there is a village in Essex called Shellow Bowels, which sounds painful. And a village in Kent called Loose, which actually has (or at least used to have) a building proudly identifying itself as the Loose Womens' Institute.

Adelaide

Jonathan Winsky 28 February, 2012 12:15
Craig White has been appointed as Hampshire's assistant coach and will work alongside manager and namesake Giles White, so that will get people confused!

comebackgatt 28 February, 2012 15:43
To pass a few minutes, list of odd sounding towns/villages

[www.ashton-under-lyne.com]

I quite like Balls Cross, Brown Willey and Cocklick End, now you have got my level.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 28/02/2012 15:43 by comebackgatt.

chunkyinargyll 28 February, 2012 15:55
To continue the(Sm158) nature of the last post. They have missed our Firkin Point (as in What's the) It's a beauty spot near Luss, on the banks of Loch Lomond.

Current Page: 7 of 120

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net