Latest news:

WELCOME TO THE MIDDLESEX ROOM, THE ONLY MESSAGE BOARD ON THE INTERNET DEDICATED TO MIDDLESEX CCC

Eating away over the winter

Championship ticket prices
Discussion started by selincourt , 25 April, 2012 08:28
Championship ticket prices
selincourt 25 April, 2012 08:28
I notice that ground entry at the Oval is only 10 compared to 16 at Lord's. It is 10 at Uxbridge. So one can attend two days play at the Oval/Uxbridge for little more than the cost of one day's play at Lord's. Little wonder we don't attract more spectators at Lord's. While acknowledging that Lord's is a superior ground, I must confess that were I not a member, I would be far more likely to attend grounds which are cheaper.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 25/04/2012 08:29 by selincourt.

Re: Championship ticket prices
The Diamond ruled ok 25 April, 2012 19:11
If you were an irregular regular though I would imagine you would investigate getting a MCCC membership because it works out a lot cheaper over a season . Say you were to attend 10 days play at £16 a ticket the £163 (or whatever it was this year,I pay mine by DD) membership becomes a very good option.

£17 for a days CC play at Somerset.

Surrey's income is their own,our lack of income and hence rather hefty price for a days play is down to us not owning our ground (or incurring any of the expense thereof).

MCC probably look on any takings from CC gate attendance as a bit of extra revenue,the bulk of their revenue stream being from Test matches.

BeefyRoberts 25 April, 2012 19:36
Well,as we know the club isnt responsible for setting any of the prices for admission to any of our games,or prices of anything else at Lords its all down to MCC/Lords.
Even at £16 it is still value for money as it gives a whole day of cricket and other grounds do charge more.
As Diamond added above it was £17 at Taunton but i was happy to pay that for a day of cricket.

The Diamond ruled ok 25 April, 2012 19:49
£52 for 90 mins at the Manchester derby,hardly value for money and makes £16 for a possible full days entertainment at one of the nicest grounds in the world look really cheap.

Alton Towers etc ain't too cheap for a day out either.

warrenladd 26 April, 2012 06:16
the fact is middlesex get zero from gate money. the MCC take all income. the MCC then give MCCC a fee a year to play at Lords. middlesex only set prices for out grounds

Lower Mound 26 April, 2012 15:09
One of the reasons why admission is more expensive at Lord's than many other grounds is to fund the excellent work the Lord's groundstaff do in getting matches on after rain. For example, the investment in the outfield and groundstaff's facilities paid dividends on Sunday in the match v Durham, as they were able to ensure that a further 16 overs could be bowled as of 5:15pm, and this could have resulted in a Middlesex win.

The Diamond ruled ok 26 April, 2012 16:35
....or a Middlesex loss but your point is well made Lower Mound. Investments in the ground by MCC need paying for and staff are not cheap to hire either at central London rates of pay.

The Diamond ruled ok 26 April, 2012 16:36
On the subject of price, £32 to watch West 'Am v Hull this weekend and that's "Division 2" (in old money) football!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net