Latest news:

WELCOME TO THE MIDDLESEX ROOM, THE ONLY MESSAGE BOARD ON THE INTERNET DEDICATED TO MIDDLESEX CCC

Eating away over the winter

Current Page: 5 of 21
Re: Oxymorons
BarmierKev 03 June, 2013 00:02
Being on a holiday of a lifetime and wishing I was at Leicester.

Barmy Kev
I'm only here for the tele

Beeamazed 03 June, 2013 06:19
Wheelie Bin and inspiration

Jonathan Winsky 03 June, 2013 07:37
It is a bit of an oxymoron that I consider the day Middlesex secured the County Championship division two title at Grace Road in September 2011 as one of my unhappiest days as a Middlesex supporter, which was because I was suspended from MTWD at the time and could thus not celebrate the achievement with anyone nor ask anyone to give me a lift to day four.

Primrose Hillbilly 04 June, 2013 12:44
At the risk of offending the more squeamish here, may I offer the phrase "Choking on one's own vomit".

As Peter O'Toole said as part of his script in the lead role in "Jeffery Bernard Is Unwell", "I mean, really, who else's vomit are you going to choke on!".

I hope this goes not get me a gagging order - (Sm100) here.

Kind Regards to all,and sorry (in case I was missed) for my absence. Far too much has happened to me to want to put the kind people on MTWD through a description, but I hope that I am sufficiently restored to make it to the Zummerzett CB40 match tonight.

BarmierKev 05 July, 2013 22:53
Outdoor Grand Slam tennis tournament and the roof comes on in perfect light.

Barmy Kev

BarmierKev 08 July, 2013 11:22
Going to a cricket match and spending the whole game indoors watching tennis on TV

BarmierKev 10 July, 2013 23:37
Playing a "home" 20/20 match South of the River

Barmy Kev

Jonathan Winsky 12 July, 2013 21:01
Fortress Chelmsford.

BarmierKev 12 July, 2013 23:00
2nd XI final where one team choses to have an expensive overseas signing mixed with some first team regulars.

Barmy Kev

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/07/2013 23:42 by BarmierKev.

Jonathan Winsky 30 July, 2013 19:22
England will play the old enemy Australia on the opening day of the next Cricket World Cup on Valentine's Day 2015.

Considering the quantity of matches the teams will have faced each other in the two years prior to the tournament, surely the last thing the teams will want to do is spend Valentine's Day playing each other!

BarmierKev 01 August, 2013 20:35
In cricket, use of technology to correct umpire's mistakes and ignoring the conclusive evidence it provides.

Barmy Kev

WilliamBlessing 03 August, 2013 06:35
Barmier and Barmier. Divorce lawyers?

BarmierKev 03 August, 2013 08:48
Lord's Shop with Alex Stewart and Mark Butcher photos used to promote it.

Barmy Kev

chunkyinargyll 03 August, 2013 08:50
Middlesex supporter

Surrey member

BarmierKev 19 August, 2013 19:15
Hi Fi too expensive for test cricket gets selected for England's 20/20 squad.

Barmy Kev

Beeamazed 19 August, 2013 19:33
Selectors..Grey matter

Jonathan Winsky 30 August, 2013 00:06
I have just seen that Sydney Sixers have sgined Chris Tremlett for their Big Bash campaign. It seems that a lot of past or present Sixers players have Surrey connections, while a lot of past or present players of rivals Sydney Thunder have Middlesex contentions.

I have always had it in my head that the Sixers are like a sister club to Middlesex considering they wear pink and have been known to raise money for breast cancer charities, and I thus consider them my favorite Big Bash side. However, if they continue signing players with Surrey connections, maybe I will have to cease supporting them.

adelaide 30 August, 2013 09:05
"On the move" post; oxymorons thread?

Adelaide

Jonathan Winsky 30 August, 2013 09:47
The oxymoron is that I see Sydney Sixers as Middlesex's sister club due to them both wearing pink, and I see Sydney Thunder as Surrey's sister club due to them both having worn lime. In 2011/12 the Thunder's squad included David Warner (although at least he signed for the Sixers the following season), Phil Hughes and Fidel Edwards (half-brother of Pedro Collins), and in 2012/13 their squad included Chris Rogers and Dirk Nannes. I'll cheer Buck on if he plays for Victoria, I'll cheer him on if he plays for Australia, but I won't cheer him on if he plays for the Thunder!

To be fair, the Sixers' squad in 2011/12 or 2012/13 doesn't have much Surrey connection, but still, it would be nice if the Sixers mainly signed players with Middlesex connections and the Thunder mainly signed players with Surrey connections.

Reading my previous post, is seems that it is an oxymoron that I claim to have good spelling and grammar!

[edited as I missed out a word]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 30/08/2013 09:49 by Jonathan Winsky.

BarmierKev 13 September, 2013 23:21
The Middlesex Room

Barmy Kev

Current Page: 5 of 21

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net