Latest news:

WELCOME TO THE MIDDLESEX ROOM, THE ONLY MESSAGE BOARD ON THE INTERNET DEDICATED TO MIDDLESEX CCC

Eating away over the winter

Current Page: 11 of 55
Re: Football thread another new one
Beeamazed 06 October, 2014 14:54
Perfectly clear now...(Sm56)

Jonathan Winsky 06 October, 2014 23:07
The Daily Mirror and Daily Mail both report that Billy McKinlay is likely to leave Watford tomorrow, meaning we would be onto our fourth head coach of the season. There are rumours McKinlay will fill the vacant post at former club Fulham.

I used to think Arnos Grove and Aldgate were contenders for the title of most appropriately-named place in Britain, as 'Aghhh no' is what someone would yell if they wanted to take a Piccadilly line train to Southgate only for the train to terminate at Arnos Grove, while Metropolitan line trains to Aldgate go 'Ald the way'. However the town of Watford must also be a contender, as the first three consonants are 'WTF', which is appropriate considering it is unclear WTF is going on at the club.

At least we are very much in the promotion picture, and the international break gives the club a fortnight to get everything sorted before the next match.

[edited as link did not come out correctly]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 16/10/2014 18:42 by Jonathan Winsky.

Seaxe_Man 16 October, 2014 16:56
I believe there are five names on the Fulham panel Adelaide: Niall Quinn, Danny Murphy, some bloke called Daly and two others who I cannot recall.

They are alleged to be deciding this week but I suspect it will be after the Norwich game.

Diamond: yes our three match run ended: Middesbro ain't a happy hunting ground for the Whites and ain't the sorta place you will wanna book your holidays'.

However, we are at Griffin Park towards the end of November: keeping my eye on when tickets are avail: we sold out the 1520 you gave us for the C1C game.

Seaxe_Man 17 October, 2014 12:28
The Fab Five have come up with a short list of 3. Hughton, Steve Clarke and Kit Symons.

The two I forgot. Brian McBride who I should have remembered and Academy Manager Huw Jennings.

The Diamond ruled ok 17 October, 2014 17:06
What's the odds on the ex Spurs full back getting the job SM?

Pretty low I would think as Fulham will get kudos under the Rooney Rule for employing him.

You'd get a bl00dy good manager too mind smiling smiley

Seaxe_Man 17 October, 2014 18:28
He is probably the favourite Diamond. Although sacked at Newcastle and Norwich he was generally thought to have done well at both.

The Fulham aficionados are believed to be happy if he is the choice. Whoever faces a rather big job after our start.

Seaxe_Man 19 October, 2014 19:58
Diamond: will take a punt: Symons will be promoted but I think to Assistant Manager. Manager: both the others have Prem experience: Hughton may get the nod as he speaks cockney.

Murphy to take over Symons old job and Quinn as CEO.

Fulham win and Brentford draw. Still bottom three though. Us I mean.

Beeamazed 19 October, 2014 20:22
Barnet 5 points clear
Nosebleed time...

The Diamond ruled ok 19 October, 2014 20:29
Remember Bee Spurs were top of the Prem for 2 weeks at the start of the season,my nose bleeds just stopped.

Battling draw for Brentford at Wigan,shame we couldn't turn over ex gaffer Uwe's mob to increase the gap to Fulham smiling smiley

As for Spurs and Citteee the less said the better I think.

Beeamazed 19 October, 2014 20:50
I am not foolish enough to think we are nailed on
for going up.
Remember this is Barnet we are talking about.
Not your normal run of the mill club as you all probably know..(Sm105)

Sussex Seaxe 20 October, 2014 09:40
I hope Chris Hughton gets the Fulham job. A good man, decent manager who has been harshly treated; I think he could do well for a club I have always admired.

Seaxe_Man 22 October, 2014 17:01
Gotta ticket for your Brentford game Diamond: 20 quid upstairs front row. Had to get up early 7.30, to get it.

Got out of gaol last night when Dan Burn forced a 90 min equaliser after we conceded in 86 mins.

As a celebration bought a ticket for Wigan away cost 5 quid with a knockdown 1st class class ticket on Virgin.

Look fwd ito the breakfast as the Whites like Sleeping Beauty awake from their 3 year slumber after being injected by Jol...

Before that: Charlton on Fri at CC: Derby in Round of 16 C1C also at the pre Jol Fortress of CC.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 22/10/2014 17:04 by Seaxe_Man.

Beeamazed 22 October, 2014 18:01
Bees now 8 points clear...
Bees were 1 up when the oppo were reduced to 10
thanks to a disgraceful elbow to a Barnet face
The game then was reduced to little more than a pedestrian
training exercise.
Braintree were their usual bruising selves.
Kev was able to digest his burger without getting too
excited.
F.A Cup fever at Chelmsford on
Saturday..

BarmierKev 22 October, 2014 18:08
As Barnet wre cruising just passing ball around a gentleman next to Beeamazed shouted " rubbish". Out of interest was wondering if he is a friend of yours?

Barmy Kev
I'm only here for the tele

Beeamazed 22 October, 2014 18:31
It was probably me..I have a very low boredom
threshold (Sm7)

The Diamond ruled ok 22 October, 2014 20:48
Got some good games coming up there SM,and some bargains on the ticket prices too,enjoy (all bar the Brentford one ) smiling smiley

Seaxe_Man 25 October, 2014 12:30
With improved results, it looks as though Kit Symons has moved into pole position for the FFC fulltime job.

Hope Danny Murphy can be fitted in somewhere. Plenty of football nous. Last night's 3-0 job v Charlton moved us out of the bottom three for the first time since about Aug 2013.

Derby in the Round of 16 Tues followed by Wigan on Sat then Blackpool the following Wed. They were not joking when they say Sky Bet Championship games come thick and fast.

Shahid Khan is flying over to finalise the FFC Managers job. This will now be announced the week after next.

The Diamond ruled ok 25 October, 2014 15:32
I take it you haven't been interviewed for the job SM ?

Never mind Leeds or Watford will be on offer again soon.

Jonathan Winsky 25 October, 2014 15:56
I am confident Slavisa Jokanovic will remain as Watford head coach for some time. Despite us having six head coaches/managers since the Pozzo family took over in the summer of 2012 (including four this season), there have only been two occasions when the decision for the head coach/manager to leave has been taken by the club. Gianfranco Zola and Beppe Sannino both resigned, Oscar Garcia was unable to continue due to health reasons, Sean Dyche was not considered suitable to work under the structure desired by the Pozzos (Dyche was manager immediately before the takeover) and Billy McKinlay was a rash appointment made in the wake over Garcia's unexpected* departure which the following week was decided to be a mistake.

It has not been the greatest of first halves for Watford away to Middlesbrough, although we have got into the interval at 0-0, so maybe we can play better in the second half to ensure we can get something from the match.

* Some supporters feared Garcia would be unable to continue, but clearly his departure was unexpected by the club

Jonathan Winsky 25 October, 2014 17:21
Middlesbrough v Watford finished 1-1, which is a relief considering we were second best in the first half and went a goal down early in the second-half. However once Troy Deeney equalised, it sounded like we were the better team and could perhaps have won.

We went top by winning 3-0 at Sheffield Wednesday last week, but slipped to second and a point behind Derby County by drawing 2-2 at home to Nottingham Forest on Tuesday. This result means we remain second, but the Rams' defeat today means it is only on goal difference that we are kept off top spot.

Our next two matches are at home to Millwall next Saturday and at Birmingham City three days later. Millwall had a good win v Cardiff City today, winning 1-0, and I am sure Ian Holloway will be keen to continue his good record against Watford. Birmingham lost 8-0 at home to Bournemouth today and are without a manager, but knowing our luck, they will be considerably better by the time they face us!

A lot of people are surprised that despite having four head coaches this season, we are at the top end of the table. However, the players would argue the changes haven't caused much disruption, as the backroom team has remained more or less consistent throughout the changes.

I tend not to feel confident about matches against teams at the top end of the table, but I would like to think we will be able to rip apart several teams at the lower end of the table in the coming months, as we have a fair amount of firepower, and our players are only going to get even more settled to playing under Slavisa Jokanovic.

Current Page: 11 of 55

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net