Latest news:

WELCOME TO THE MIDDLESEX ROOM, THE ONLY MESSAGE BOARD ON THE INTERNET DEDICATED TO MIDDLESEX CCC

Let the 2019 season begin

Current Page: 45 of 54
Re: Football thread another new one
lower pavilion 11 December, 2016 21:57
Adelaide
Thank you for very much for replying to my various postings on this thread.
However, I should have learned from what happened in the past, and continued to refrain from posting on the football thread on this site, instead of making the mistake of coming back after such a long absence.
I will not make that mistake again, other than perhaps one post at the end of the season if Chelsea manage to win the title, and of course always assuming justice prevails and the FA leave Chelsea alone and punish the real culprits, in this instance Manchester City, but as with Tottenham last season, I will not be holding my breath.

For the record.I think Tottenham and Manchester City have good teams and play very attractive football at times as do Arsenal and Liverpool.

By the way, a happy Christmas and happy New Year to everyone out there.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 11/12/2016 22:27 by lower pavilion.

BarmierKev 11 December, 2016 23:22
Anyone fancy a go at the spot the ball competition? That's the cricket one. Sorry for going off topic here.

Barmy Kev
I'm only here for the tele

adelaide 12 December, 2016 00:08
LP

Chelsea playing some good stuff too, and back to winning when not playing that well. I would not have expected a defence with David Luiz, Marcus Alonso and Victor Moses to be managing that, so the manager must be a genius.

Spurs did get punished through Dembele's suspension, and quite right too. I think they get a lesser fine on "not controlling their players", probably because they had no previous on that, which Chelsea did have. I remain as amazed as you that none got sent off. You seem to be arguing that lesser culprits should escape altogether, which just seems plain wrong to me.

City of course are hit by two suspensions rather than one, thanks to Fabregas's slyness, which seems to have escaped your notice.

Apologies for entering into a discussion on a discussion board!

Adelaide

BeefyRoberts 12 December, 2016 11:22
After watching a large amount of football on tele this season..(wouldn't dream of paying overhyped ticket prices),one thing I have noticed is the amount of increased diving by players and still not all picked up by the officials.
More players are harrassing the officials,even more deserve Oscars for their theatrical showings.
If clubs are penalised by having points deducted then GOOD.
It may stop all this@#$%&and pathetic triple rolling around that gets shown week in,week out.
It goes down the leagues,not just the pampered babes of premier league.
If players of ANY CLUB react by lifting hands or Arms then hit the club where it hurts,a £££ fine means nothing as they just write it off with the cash Sky/BT give them,if it means a points deduction,then so be it.Maybe then,and only then,will the game of football return properly.On the High Street,behave in this manner and you get arrested,court and a fine or even more,why treat the babes differently?
As I put,I wouldn't dream of paying to watch these overrated sportsman falling over,throwing hissy fits,pushing eachother all over the place.
Would love to see a game with the great players of the 70's play against the actors of the present day,muddy pitches,proper footballs (not balloons).

The game on the field of play needs cleaning up,from the top division to the bottom division,dish out a points deduction,then see the game return.
Oh,but,hang on,then the clubs owners will throw a tantrum and want to appeal,tough,once deducted....Stay deducted....CLEAN THE GAME UP.

Wouldn't play games behind closed doors,as supporters fork out enough cash to watch the games and shouldn't miss games through the babes on pitches and their actions.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 12/12/2016 16:05 by BeefyRoberts.

rod/ed 26 December, 2016 12:44
Off to Newcastle today to see my 'English team' Sheffield Wednesday take on the table toppers. This trip should replace my annual trip to see the Middle at Chester-le-Street. Even with current forecast I don't expect it to be any colder than it was in April for the CC match when Adam Voges saw snow for the first time.

The Diamond ruled ok 27 December, 2016 20:26
Fletch's mob do a job on Kev's and Swansea end their American adventure.

BeefyRoberts 28 December, 2016 12:02
Sshhhh,look who is slowly moving up the championship table.
Won 8 from last 10 games,next up Villa away Thursday and then Rotherham.

adelaide 06 January, 2017 23:42
Very quiet football week, with nothing much to post about - but was anyone else temporarily blinded by the sea of white towards the end of the West Ham match tonight?

Adelaide

BeefyRoberts 07 January, 2017 00:56
How poor were West Ham?
I mean,even John Stones scored!

The Diamond ruled ok 07 January, 2017 06:13
Give the Spammers a nice big stadium and they will come they said.

Move from your roots and your in trouble I say. Even getting tonked by Man Shity like that at Uptoon Park a few would have stayed till the end. I suppose the trains out of there would have been a bit less full earlier in the game.

Fair play to Shity, I gave up on the tellyvisuals at 0-3 having missed all of the goals (channel hopping) and they went on to get another couple in front of their 9k of away fans and all those white seats.

adelaide 07 January, 2017 10:23
I think we dodged a locational bullet there, Diamond.

Also a story knocking around that Millwall may have to relocate to Kent. Perfick...

Adelaide

The Diamond ruled ok 07 January, 2017 10:49
The Millwall situation is much like Spurs was for years with the local council holding out against them which to me seems strange for the amount of revenue the club generate in the area and their commitment to community projects. A move to Kent would be a disaster for all concerned.

Bullet dodged indeed with the Stratford Project,I hear tell that we might not even have to take up the Wembley option for next season as the stadium build at WHL is about 2 months ahead of project with the builders on a big bonus to get the job done asap (bonus being far less than we would have to pay to use Wembley).With fixtures at the start of the 17/18 season arranged so we are away for the first few games we might not need to move at all. A 40k capacity "horseshoe" ground whilst the steel and concrete stand at the unfinished end where the current stadium is is built to complete the project is the proposal I have heard.

BeefyRoberts 07 January, 2017 14:57
Easy solution for the Millwall re-location....ground share with West Ham?
Just an idea.

The Diamond ruled ok 07 January, 2017 15:25
That would upset the Orient smiling smiley

BeefyRoberts 09 January, 2017 20:48
It's half time,as we struggle vs 4th division Cambridge.
Awful 1st half,didn't start playing until 40 mins.

BeefyRoberts 09 January, 2017 21:40
By the skin of our teeth,not a good display at all,but it's the result that counts.

Away at Sutton United or Wimbledon next,have played both before,Sutton we beat 6-0 and I don't need to mention Wimbledon and the replay!

The Diamond ruled ok 10 January, 2017 05:24
Jammy Leeds smiling smiley

Anyone else aware England Rugby have called up John Terry after that "tackle" the other day? Last man,p1ss poor effort to take the ball,sent off and as usual the muggels are going to appeal it.

Good FA cup draws in the net round , Spurs got Wycombe to the Lane,Brentford have a minor west London derby to go to and Southall FC take on the mighty Exmouth Town (in the FA Vase) on the 29th at Hanwell Town who they currently ground share with.

BarmierKev 12 January, 2017 18:16
I was saddened to hear of the death of Graham Taylor. I followed Watford in the late 70's as a local team when there were in Division 4 and witnessed their rise to the top tier. The football was exciting and he made mediocre players good , e.g Ross Jenkins.

He came across as a lovely guy. Shame on the Sun for that unfair label.

Graham Taylor RIP.

Barmy Kev
I'm only here for the tele

The Diamond ruled ok 12 January, 2017 19:03
GT will be sadly missed by me as a presenter on Radio 5Live. He'd been there, done that,worn the shirt and knew what he was talking about unlike many who proport to commentate on or indeed write about football.

RIP Graham Taylor.

Won't be rushing to read the gushing tributes in that red top newspaper myself after they tried and ultimately failed to ruin his career,cost him the England job to some extent (though not qualifying for a tournament didn't help either) but not his long service to the football industry.

BeefyRoberts 12 January, 2017 20:32
Yea,Graham Taylor was a great club manager who worked his magic at Watford.
He always had a smile as well and spoke good football as well.
Also did a good job at Villa,had a rough time at England,and,yes,I will admit to giving him some stick whilst as England manager.

But,and real football man...RIP GT.

Current Page: 45 of 54

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net