Latest news:

WELCOME TO THE MIDDLESEX ROOM, THE ONLY MESSAGE BOARD ON THE INTERNET DEDICATED TO MIDDLESEX CCC

Eating away over the winter

Goto Page: Previous12345
Current Page: 5 of 5
Re: Contracts Update
Jonathan Winsky 16 January, 2019 19:04
After Dawid Malan and James Harris signed contract extensions in the last two days, Ethan Bamber, Nathan Sowter and Robbie White have followed suit, although the only indication of the length of the latter three’s new contracts is that they are ‘long-term’.

Prior to this, Bamber was contracted until 2020, Sowter was contract until 2019, and the length of White’s contract was undisclosed.

adelaide 16 January, 2019 19:16
I see that they have edited names in now but the original web page had three quotes which could have from anyone, even Aslan and Suki.

It would be nice to think that this burst of contract activity will be followed shortly by something about an overseas player.

Adelaide

adelaide 17 January, 2019 13:14
And four more sign up.

The way it is spun you would think that all nine only decided to sign up after Law arrived!

Adelaide

Jonathan Winsky 17 January, 2019 18:59
It is great to see four more players committing themselves to Middlesex, although I didn’t have any fears that they would be poached by other counties.

Despite this good news, there is a part of me which would get a greater buzz from seeing that we have made a new signing or two, as that would freshen things up.

BarmierKev 18 January, 2019 19:03

chunkyinargyll 19 December, 2019 14:13
A bump for this very useful thread as Tom Lace has extended his deal till the end of 2022.

The last few deals- Hollman, Finn, Murtagh, Robson, Lace we have been told their length.

Hopefully this means the brief period when we were only told contracts had been 'extended' are behind us.

After all, if players want to move they'll move. Agents and managing directors of other clubs have no difficulty in finding out when someone's deal is up, so all it did was deprive fans of knowledge and interesting talking points.

chunkyinargyll 10 January, 2020 13:03
Martin Andersson adds another year to his contract, taking him to the end of 2021.

[www.middlesexccc.com]

Hope he will be fit enough to bowl and show us what he can do (contract extension suggests his fitness problems may be behind him).

How he does compared to Gloucestershire's George Scott will be one of the interesting subplots this year.

chunkyinargyll 10 January, 2020 14:35
And now another three years for Tobias Skelton Roland-Jones, taking to the end of 2022.

[www.middlesexccc.com]

(Sm46)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/01/2020 14:35 by chunkyinargyll.

Jonathan Winsky 10 January, 2020 19:50
It is great news that Martin Andersson has signed a contract extension, as Middlesex have not really adequately filled the position of all-rounder since Gareth Berg played his final match for the club in April 2014. We have subsequently had the likes of Neil Dexter, James Franklin, Ryan Higgins and George Scott, with mixed results. Have we finally found someone who will perform this role long-term, or will the wait continue?

My belief is that Andersson is a better bowler than Scott, which is why I wasn’t totally sad to see Scott leave. So, as chunky says, it will be interesting to compare those two players’ performances in the coming months (and maybe beyond), as that will indicate whether Middlesex were correct to seemingly prefer Andersson to Scott (which I assume was a factor in his departure), and whether I was correct to agree with the club’s decision.

It is also great news about Toby Roland-Jones’ contract extension, as he plays a big role in our bowling attack, and will hopefully end up playing his whole career at Middlesex. The manner in which he secured us the County Championship title in 2016 guaranteed himself a place in club folklore.

chunkyinargyll 21 August, 2020 21:10
Jack Davies has signed a new two year deal.

[www.middlesexccc.com]

chunkyinargyll 03 September, 2020 13:03
Robbie White signs new two year deal.

[www.middlesexccc.com]

(Sm152)

I guess this proves one decision affects another decision.

If Tom Lace had stayed, would Robbie White have played against Kent and made 99?

Probably not.

Seaxe_man1 03 September, 2020 13:51
Common sense at last.

Jonathan Winsky 03 September, 2020 18:57
After the recent outgoings at Middlesex, it is a relief that Robbie White has signed a contract extension. Hopefully, he will feature regularly in the coming seasons.

Goto Page: Previous12345
Current Page: 5 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net