Latest news:

WELCOME TO THE MIDDLESEX ROOM, THE ONLY MESSAGE BOARD ON THE INTERNET DEDICATED TO MIDDLESEX CCC

Eating away over the winter

Current Page: 28 of 28
Re: Madness
BeefyRoberts 29 October, 2019 09:47
Another disturbing piece of news attached to franchise rubbish....
Andrew Gale,Yorkshire coach,has joined the Leeds franchise rubbish for the term of the soap opera,and then returning to Yorkshire after,is this a new way forward for coaches,turn your back on the County,go to franchise rubbish for a few more £££ and then return?
Also been mentioned the coaches from Kent and Lancs are rumoured to be doing same,along with Somerset.
I sincerely hope this doesn't happen for us.

BeefyRoberts 29 October, 2019 09:51
Another disturbing piece of news attached to franchise rubbish....
Andrew Gale,Yorkshire coach,has joined the Leeds franchise rubbish for the term of the soap opera,and then returning to Yorkshire after,is this a new way forward for coaches,turn your back on the County,go to franchise rubbish for a few more £££ and then return?
Also been mentioned the coaches from Kent and Lancs are rumoured to be doing same,along with Somerset.
I sincerely hope this doesn't happen for us.

Seaxe_man1 29 October, 2019 15:07
Another pay cheque Beefy the outcome of which is uncertain. Good position for a spot of cherry picking an attraction.

BeefyRoberts 30 October, 2019 05:06
Have seen,that,during franchise soap opera time,there will be no 2nds red ball cricket being played.
So,not only does this utter drivel harm the first team it also screws up 2nd eleven cricket.Dont you just love the clowns doing this to our wonderful game??

chunkyinargyll 30 October, 2019 07:08
Oh great.

Some of the second XI includes 16-18 year olds who are still at school, so that should nicely prevent any of them from playing in their first games where they get to bat for more than 50 overs, or participate in a game lasting more than one day.

I suppose sides would struggle to raise a team.

BeefyRoberts 01 November, 2019 17:01
Latest thing,in year 2021 there is a big rumour the County Championship is to run along side the franchise rubbish.
The fools really are doing their best to kill of the real game for £££££

tallliman 01 November, 2019 18:43
Quote:
BeefyRoberts
Latest thing,in year 2021 there is a big rumour the County Championship is to run along side the franchise rubbish.
The fools really are doing their best to kill of the real game for £££££

Worse than that, they are considering halving the number of points for those games.....so an early season run of wins could make you champions because theres no points left.

Jonathan Winsky 01 November, 2019 18:51
I have mixed feelings about the idea of playing the County Championship at the same time as The Hundred, as although it would obviously mean that many counties would have depleted line-ups (with some counties affected more than others, thus compromising the integrity and the quality of the competition), it would at least mean that the many groups of people who would like to see the competition take place in the prime summer months instead of nearly entirely at the margins of the season would get their wish. It would also probably ensure that little or none of the county 50-over competition would clash with The Hundred, which would be good news for those fearful that England will enter the 2023 World Cup considerably less prepared than in their successful 2019 campaign.

Cricinfo has carried some of Ashley Giles’ comments from an interview in The Cricketer on this subject.

However, given a choice between the Championship or the county 50-over competition being compromised as a result of overlapping with The Hundred, I would prefer the 50-over competition to be compromised, especially if playing Championship matches in this period would mean that matches would be played with fewer points available. If fewer points are available, then that wouldn’t be a great sell for the product, and it wouldn’t be entirely fair for the integrity of the competition if some counties have most of their players available, while other counties have lost many of their players to The Hundred. If a heavily-depleted Sussex side beat a full-strength Leicestershire side during the Hundred period, then it would be unfair to give Sussex a reduced points haul just because of the timing of the match.

BeefyRoberts 01 November, 2019 19:36
Although this latest crazy idea from you know who (I cant even put those initials down now),isn't due to start until 2021,how are any county going to persuade any player to join them to play in a depleted County Championship?
They really are doing their damnest to ruin red ball cricket,its about time those 2 blokes resigned from their posts.
Seriously,enough is enough.
They are the only 2 who dont appreciate the great County Championship.Mind you,Giles seems to be getting on their jolly trip lately,looking to jump in one pair of shoes maybe?
When I was at the parliamentary meeting on 23rd Oct,the 2 were sitting just to my right,and they just oozed smelly stuff.
This latest piece of possibly ruining red ball really is the last straw.
RESIGN,BOTH OF YOU.

Seaxe_man1 12 November, 2019 17:52
Rumours circulating that the 100 end blocks won't be included on Mx, plus presumably Esx and Northants cards. All go aaaahhh.

Current Page: 28 of 28

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net