Latest news:

WELCOME TO THE MIDDLESEX ROOM, THE ONLY MESSAGE BOARD ON THE INTERNET DEDICATED TO MIDDLESEX CCC

Eating away over the winter

Current Page: 23 of 24
Re: Madness
chunkyinargyll 09 August, 2019 12:55
It seems Shane Warne is to be in charge of the Lord's franchise team- which in a way is quite good, as I assume Law won't be anything to do with it, and will be able to concentrate full time on his role with us.

[www.bbc.co.uk]

chunkyinargyll 10 August, 2019 13:16
Don't really want to start another thread, so I'll put this here-

Is the ECB facing a financial crisis?

[www.espncricinfo.com]

BeefyRoberts 10 August, 2019 14:06
Did read about the possible cash problems,if the ecb want to plough ££££ into the hundred rubbish,and,if I remember,didn't graves and puppet harrison get nice pay rises as well?
This is possibly the tip of iceberg,when the 100 rubbish fails I dread to think what will be next.
A county here and there having problems,and asking for ecb help,and the pot is empty?
Will give the ecb a good excuse to say 'sorry,no money to help,you will have to cease to exist?'
Its the perfect set up for the ecb to get their wish (our nighmares) to get the number of counties decreased.
These people care not one bit for county cricket,all they want is city franchise rubbish (how am I bring so polite?) And to kick others into touch.
Look at the latest one to say how good 100 rubbish is,Warne,after he said it's not needed,show him the money,and changes his mind.He,like the other Aussies getting involved,wont,and dont care about county cricket,all they care about is the £££ being given to them.
Once the 100 rubbish fails,they will clear off,take the cash and not look back at the carnage left behind...Bit like graves and harrison,they will do the same.
Ecb have signed this multi/multi pound sky and bbc contract to show the 100 rubbish,where has all the money gone????

Bagpuss 11 August, 2019 08:17
I may be wrong but as Chairman I'm not sure Graves is a paid employee of the ECB. He'll have a tasty expenses allowance though I'll bet.

Never mind asking them how the H*n*r*d is going to revitalise cricket post-World Cup victory, the parliamentary committee should be asking
them where the £60m plus reserves have disappeared to in just three years.

chunkyinargyll 11 August, 2019 08:22
The ECB should deduct themselves 48 points for financial mismanagement.

BeefyRoberts 11 August, 2019 09:33
Bagpuss,I'm sure the ecb would of made a nice earner from the world cup.
I know it's an ICC ran event,but surely ecb would of made a nice bit of cash from the event somewhere along the line.
Did any county that had grounds taken off them and held games get anything out of it?

BeefyRoberts 14 August, 2019 17:17
Tom Moody is the latest overseas to join the 100 farce.
Its turning into an Aussie retirement home now,more coming over to grab a few extra $$$ by joining a franchise club.
Cant be many franchise CC left without an overseas coach.
Just gets worse with each announcement by ecb.

chunkyinargyll 14 August, 2019 17:25
I think that makes 5 franchises who have appointed their coach- none of them english, and none of them currently involved in a county side.

Maybe english coaches realise how badly this will be received.

chunkyinargyll 15 August, 2019 07:49
Eurotrash T20 cancelled two weeks before it was due to start-

[www.espncricinfo.com]

Same group responsible for Canadian T20 competition, where there was a players strike over not getting paid.

Maybe the hundred will go the same way.

BarmierKev 15 August, 2019 10:35

BeefyRoberts 15 August, 2019 11:06
Kev has put a link above to a great article by Dan Whiting regarding the hundred rubbish,and well worth reading it.

Seaxe_man1 15 August, 2019 16:55
Quote:
chunkyinargyll
S_M's favourite cricket writer, Jonathan Lieuw has his say (and is another in the anti camp)
[www.independent.co.uk]

Seaxe_man1 15 August, 2019 17:00
Glad to hear JL is anti hundred chunky. The political comment is a contradiction I feel though. I will always remember his quote Mx strike oil at the Nursery End.

Seaxe_man1 15 August, 2019 17:07
Quote:
adelaide
SM
Unless something has been deleted, whatever post you are responding to must have been pretty ancient.

Funny how the arguments you mention about Brexit rarely get applied to NATO (we are obliged in theory to go to war if another member is attacked) or to Scottish independence!

Adelaide
the so called elite have always resented extending the vote to the plebs and have always looked at ways to frustrate the popular will. Sound familiar. The ECB have found such a solution with The Hundred.

chunkyinargyll 15 August, 2019 17:18
What is going on here?

Seaxe_Man has quoted one of my posts from 4 pages and 10 months back, then replied to it on a separate post, then quotes Adelaide saying it must be an old post, but where is Adelaide's original post stating it must be an old post?

(Sm106)

chunkyinargyll 15 August, 2019 17:29
Found Adelaide's post.

Previous page- 6 weeks ago.

smiling bouncing smiley

Seaxe_man1 16 August, 2019 17:44
Quote:
adelaide
SM
Unless something has been deleted, whatever post you are responding to must have been pretty ancient.

Funny how the arguments you mention about Brexit rarely get applied to NATO (we are obliged in theory to go to war if another member is attacked) or to Scottish independence!

Adelaide
the so called elite have always resented extending the vote to the plebs and have always looked at ways to frustrate the popular will. Sound familiar. The ECB have found such a solution with The Hundred.

Seaxe_man1 16 August, 2019 17:52
IE the 18 counties full of plebs now have zero say as now replaced by eight city based franchises. Gets rid of those pesky county members.

adelaide 17 August, 2019 01:19
Quote:
Seaxe_man1
IE the 18 counties full of plebs now have zero say as now replaced by eight city based franchises. Gets rid of those pesky county members.

Interesting take. It could be argued though that cricket in general and the counties are very much part of the establishment and that it is now being challenged by those outside the establishment. So if you insist on using the terminology, the patricians are on the retreat from rich plebs.

Adelaide

tallliman 17 August, 2019 14:38
Isnt the ECB board still responsible and accountable to the 18 counties and MCC?

Current Page: 23 of 24

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net