Latest news:

WELCOME TO THE MIDDLESEX ROOM, THE ONLY MESSAGE BOARD ON THE INTERNET DEDICATED TO MIDDLESEX CCC

Eating away over the winter

Current Page: 30 of 30
Re: They didn't say that. They said final sold out. Fake news. Three years project fear experience kicked in.
Gezza of the middle 14 February, 2020 20:30
[www.skysports.com]
This is what it says SM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 14/02/2020 22:37 by gezzaofthemiddle.

Re: Madness
Seaxe_man1 14 February, 2020 20:44
That might be their statement now. Let me assure you I was watching Sky News. The geza said final sold out. Even at 98 my faculties are still sound. Fake news since retracted.

Gezza of the middle 14 February, 2020 21:01
I don't disbelieve you SM, you're the fittest 98-year old I know (Sm60)

Jonathan Winsky 14 February, 2020 22:15
Someone has pointed out on Twitter (here and here) that the total capacity of the eight grounds which will stage matches at The Hundred is 172,993 and that the fact that each ground will stage four matches means that the maximum possible attendance of the matches is 721,972. The poster points out that news that 100,000 tickets have been sold means that just 13.8% of tickets have been sold, so a lot more sales are still needed for there to not be plenty of empty seats at matches.

The poster also points out that counties have much less difficulty in selling out their grounds for the T20 Blast despite the ticket prices being higher.

It is highly likely that those who attend matches at the Blast this season will be subjected to a drive by ground announcers and big screen adverts to buy tickets for The Hundred, as I am fairly sure that ECB will see the Blast as a warm-up act to The Hundred, not least because I believe that the best performing domestic players in the Blast who have not been signed to a team in The Hundred will automatically be given a team in The Hundred. It will be interesting to see how many of these messages from ground announcers get booed.

Seaxe_man1 15 February, 2020 08:23
Good post JW. As Sky have pumped 40 million quid into the Blundred plenty of fake news can be expected. They have had three years experience of pumping out duff information in project fear, so well versed in the art.

Current Page: 30 of 30

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net