Latest news:

WELCOME TO THE MIDDLESEX ROOM, THE ONLY MESSAGE BOARD ON THE INTERNET DEDICATED TO MIDDLESEX CCC

Eating away over the winter

Middlesex watching and weather extremes
Discussion started by BeefyRoberts , 08 February, 2019 09:31
Middlesex watching and weather extremes
BeefyRoberts 08 February, 2019 09:31
Was sitting here,watching the wind causing the trees to wave,and thought about past watching Middlesex in mad weather conditions.
One that always stays in my mind,few years ago went to a pre-season friendly with Phil Taylor at Northants.
It wasn't the warmest of days!
When you see the fielders (us) all in hats,two jumpers and gloves proved how cold it was.
The snow still in flower pots was another reminder,and Don found us at lunch to say the play for day will finish at tea,as it's too cold out there.
The only heaters working at the time inside were by the doors!
Anyone got other weather stories?!

Re: Middlesex watching and weather extremes
BarmierKev 10 February, 2019 18:49
Coldest I recall wss that famous day 50 over match at Headingley. LP took sun cream. Absolutely freezing.

The hottest for domestic stuff was in Upper Compo TV game against Durham. Tim Bloomfield was our hero with the temperature in mid 90's.

Barmy Kev
I'm only here for the tele

dingy bags 14 February, 2019 12:29
Can't decide which of two occasions was the coldest I have ever been on a cricket ground. First was at MT - mind you we all know that the microclimate there is usually about 10 degrees colder than half a mile away. The time I am thinking of was not the CC game a couple of years back when it was colder than it had been on Christmas Day but the day when Sam Robson became the first man to score a first class century in March. A shivery thought is that that was the 31st March and we start five days earlier there this year!

The other occasion was the warm-up white ball game at Wormsley against the Unicorns. It is the only time I have been to that lovely ground, cited at the end of a long valley with a wind the comes straight from the Urals. My main memory there is of a group of us huddling down in deck chairs and, on getting up about an hour later, finding my legs would not work! I honestly think I was just starting to suffer from exposure.

Fozzie 16 February, 2019 14:47
I think that that MT day was in 2012, Dingy, our first ever day there. The next day was bright sunshine, and when I got home and looked in the mirror I realised I was sunburned. It never occurred to me at the time because even though it was very sunny, the wind was as biting as ever.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net