Latest news:

WELCOME TO THE MIDDLESEX ROOM, THE ONLY MESSAGE BOARD ON THE INTERNET DEDICATED TO MIDDLESEX CCC

Eating away over the winter

2019 MCCC membership jiffy envelope...
Discussion started by Surbiton crusader2 , 10 March, 2019 14:12
2019 MCCC membership jiffy envelope...
Surbiton crusader2 10 March, 2019 14:12
... arrived at my house yesterday morning. Am I the only person to receive it???

SC2

Re: 2019 MCCC membership jiffy envelope...
chunkyinargyll 10 March, 2019 14:29
Oh well, at least if yours has arrived mine should be along in a day or two.

It's got further to travel.

Logistically I'm not sure what happens if you turn up at the sorting office with circa 8,500 envelopes, so I assume it's spread out over a week or two.

BeefyRoberts 10 March, 2019 14:48
Yep,mine arrived yesterday as well.
The season nears!
Plenty to read,accounts,and all the candidate submissions for the board elections.
I like the new idea of members events as well,but,sadly the same crazy dress code for members areas and having to wear a collar still exists,that means,purchase the new t20 shirt (if sold by club),and it can't be worn in members areas!
Will leave the board election comments,as I'm sure a separate thread can be started about all those standing.
I get confused with most of the account figures,but looks like a loss and a 7% drop in members since last season.

Ivor's Tache 10 March, 2019 15:15
Mine arrived yesterday. Not long to go now...

Sussex Seaxe 10 March, 2019 17:35
Mine has reached darkest Sussex. I shall be interested to hear from those more 'in the know' views on the election.

Guzzles 12 March, 2019 11:35
According to the Magazine, Stirling will miss much of the One day cup due to Ireland World Cup commitments. The editor is oblivious to the fact that Ireland didn't qualify for the event! Very Poor!

adelaide 12 March, 2019 12:35
Perhaps Stirlo has got a gig commentating? He can't do worse that Gordon Darcy for last Sunday's rugby.

Adelaide

Jonathan Winsky 12 March, 2019 19:29
Paul Stirling would probably not make a bad rugby commentator, as his father Brian used to be a referee.

In the financial statements booklet, treasurer David Kendix says that the possible factors for the 7% drop in Middlesex membership income include “the lack of weekend cricket and the concentration of four day matches at the two ends of the season”. Although the drop in income is bad news for the club and although the way the fixtures are arranged is not the club’s fault, at least it might send a message to ECB that supporters are unhappy.

I am still working my way through the mailing, although I have read the whole financial statements booklet (and the details about the candidates seeking election to the board), so have noticed that the agenda for the AGM on Monday 1st April includes to elect Mike Selvey as President and Chris Lowe as Honorary Life Vice President.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net