Latest news:

WELCOME TO THE MIDDLESEX ROOM, THE ONLY MESSAGE BOARD ON THE INTERNET DEDICATED TO MIDDLESEX CCC

Eating away over the winter

Curious message
Discussion started by adelaide , 22 March, 2019 12:14
Curious message
adelaide 22 March, 2019 12:14
Just received an e-mail from the "McAfee Community Forum" which starts "Dear Adelaide" and informs me that my status has been bumped up.

Needless to say, it included a link to confirm this. Equally needless to say, I would not go within a million miles of said link.

I have not used McAfee products for at least a decade so promotion is almost as unlikely for me as it is for Glamorgan! I guess similar e-mails referring to AVG, Avast, Kaspersky or whatever are around, all trying to use the security nature of the product to convince you that it is genuine.

So why am I posting here? Because I only use Adelaide as a user name on SportsNetwork. Tey the spammers have got hold of this, along with a valid e-mail address.

So ... if anyone else gets similar mail, be careful with it!

Adelaide

Re: Curious message
chunkyinargyll 22 March, 2019 12:24
Adelaide.

Try reporting to sportnetwork.

abuse@sportnetwork.net

attn of Dave Picken and/pr Jon Stern.

That email address does for everything (not just complaints about fellow posters!) and they do normally reply quite quickly.

I've never used McAfee. So far nothing suspicious to report from me.

chunkyinargyll 22 March, 2019 17:04
Adelaide-

A thought- You do post using that name on wearetherey (Ovalworld as was)

Maybe you have caught an infection from Surrey!

Probably via an advert. Adblocker is your friend (and speeds everything up)

adelaide 22 March, 2019 17:11
Good point, Chunky!

However, I post on there as a Guest (some would say Pest) and as far as I can recall I have never provided them with an e-mail address. And surely a board which is overrun by former (sometimes dead) Prime Ministers, not to mention the brilliantly named Cressida Duck, cannot possibly be the source!

Adelaide

Seaxe_man1 29 March, 2019 14:01
Duck. Now there is a name for Wealdstone fans of the 1980's and 90's to savour. George Duck. Scored for fun and a big reason for Stones doing the double in 1985.

The Gola League and the FAT Trophy. Our recent President Peter Parfitt was a Stone but a bit earlier.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net