Latest news:

WELCOME TO THE MIDDLESEX ROOM, THE ONLY MESSAGE BOARD ON THE INTERNET DEDICATED TO MIDDLESEX CCC

Eating away over the winter

Thank Guinness for that
Discussion started by Middlesex till we die , 22 June, 2019 09:04
Thank Guinness for that
Middlesex till we die 22 June, 2019 09:04
What do you think? You can have your say by posting below.
If you do not already have an account Click here to Register.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/07/2019 14:20 by BarmierKev.

Re: Thank Guinness for that
BeefyRoberts 22 June, 2019 09:10
Just like to add..
The Irish hospitality was second to none,couldn't do enough for us.
Meeting 5 from The Hills CC was entertaining and introduced Mick,Des and Myself to a number of people,including Morgans brother and the chairman of the Irish Cricket Board to name 2.
It was a well organised ground,plenty for children to do as well,bouncy castle,kids cricket as well.
We left at sometime gone midnight,and the whole party was still in full flow!
Also,our players mixing in and chatting with the locals went a long way.
Well done to Leinster and Pembroke Cricket Clubs and wish them both good luck for the season.
Be good if this carrys on next season,we have a trophy to defend!

BarmierKev 22 June, 2019 09:40
I'm really pleased you all had a good time. Especially, Rogers and Out who had wasted 3 days in Leicester but clearly not in Lenster. I would have loved to join you.

Barmy Kev
I'm only here for the tele

Seaxe_man1 22 June, 2019 11:16
As usual Beefy. Excellent report of the event and shows the reach of Mx with 1700 turning up.

Seaxe_man1 22 June, 2019 11:18
Oh and Rod/Ed in his kilt. Wudda gone down well in Southport methinks.

Rogers and Out 23 June, 2019 10:27
Just to echo Beefy's sentiments. It was a very well organised event and congratulations are in order to both Leinster and Pembroke cricket club.

Usually at crowded small grounds, it's difficult to get a decent vantage point but this certainly wasn't the case here, especially from the comfort of the clubhouse with an endless supply of Guinness.

Watching India v Afghanistan at the airport yesterday, there were similarities with our game, and whilst Steven Finn's two wickets in two balls were not as dramatic as Mohammed Shami's hat trick, it was enough for us to secure a narrow victory.

My last visit to Dublin for cricket 22 years ago saw us defeated by a Hansie Cronje led Ireland at Clontarf in a B&H group match, so it was nice to see a Middlesex win this time around.

Great company as usual with Rod Ed again showing his prowess on the dance floor despite being without his partner from Southport Seaxe Man. Our trip from the ground back to our hotels with the singing taxi driver will remain long in the memory.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net