Latest news:

WELCOME TO THE MIDDLESEX ROOM, THE ONLY MESSAGE BOARD ON THE INTERNET DEDICATED TO MIDDLESEX CCC

Eating away over the winter

Calling The Run - In Part I
Discussion started by Primrose Hillbilly , 12 July, 2019 15:19
Calling The Run - In Part I
Primrose Hillbilly 12 July, 2019 15:19
I’m having a go at predicting how the Counties above us will fare over the run in to the CC end.

This was done slightly in haste before going to see Bob Young and Neil Dylan (according to my ticket), and Brears spotted that I nostalgically had Onions still running in for Durham, which, I have corrected, with thanks for spotting this glaring error.

I’m not going to predict individual performances, just how I think each county team will collectively score points for batting, bowling and the result.Because I know I am not impartial, I have not included a prediction for our results. Lord knows, that might even include being docked for a slow over rate again, so I’m not going there.

So, at present with the games played to date totals and standings in Division 2 :

Lancs : 134 points – 4 wins, 5 draws

Glamorgan 127 – 3 wins, 6 draws

Derby 106 – 3 wins 3 draws

Sussex 99 – 2 wins, 4 draws

Northants 94 - 1 win and 6 draws

My call of the next round of games, commencing 13th or 14th of July.

Durham vs Worcester : Durham win : they have a good seam bowling unit and Bancroft is doing all he can to nudge the selectors for the Ashes. Durham get 22 points minimum.

Lancs Vs Sussex : Home win, Lancs without Jim Yanderson and Mahmood,but Graeme Onions is in form. Saffa – sex, without Ollie Robinson, called up by the England Lions, are very inconsistent. Lancs get 22 points, Sussex get 6

Derbys vs Northants : Draw. – See how we fared up there, and Northants appear not to have the firepower to finish off sides, hence their 6 draws. Each side gets 10 points

Gloucs vs Leicester – Another Draw, mentioned for good measure, but not material.

Then, there is the odd game between The Shire and Worcester on 21st July, have on us, which I’ve called as a Worcester win. 22 points to Wuss.

So, at the end of this round. But which still sees Gloucs and Worcester with a game in hand on everyone, I say it’s as follows:

Lancs onto at least 154 (1st still)

Republic of Kwa – Zulu Glam0rgon : after playing us will have at least moved onto 136 so still 2nd

Durham - The big move up to 3rd on 117

Derby : moved onto a minimum of 114

Worcester on at least 106. - Now duking it out with Saffa - sex for 4th / 5th .

Sussex : at least 106, but not many more

Northants : at least 103

The Middle : currently on 91, but I’m not calling anything higher than a couple of bowling points from our game vs Glumm0rg0ne lest I tempt fate.

So, a move up the table by Durham and Worcester.

Were the Middle to win, and a minimum of 3 bowling, 3 batting points secured as a minimum criteria for setting up that win, (MTS was an exception,) that might get us to 113, which might get us back to the position that we enjoyed at the end of Day 3 at MTS of 4th.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 13/07/2019 07:56 by Primrose Hillbilly.

Re: Calling The Run - In Part I
chunkyinargyll 12 July, 2019 16:41
Not possible to say with any certainty what the results will be in any of the games, which is why the table is so close, but I'll have a go at how many points each team will take from this round.

Durham 5 v Worcestershire 21

Glamorgan 12 v Middlesex 11

Lancashire 22 v Sussex 5

Derbyshire 21 v Northants 4

Gloucestershire 21 v Leicestershire 5

which would mean table would be-

Lancashire 156
Glamorgan 139
Derbyshire 127
Gloucestershire 105
Worcestershire 105
Sussex 104
Middlesex 102
Durham 100
Northants 98
Leicestershire 82

Could easily be wrong about Derbyshire V Northants, and Durham V Worcestershire, with the result going the other way.

Re: Calling The Run - In Part I
BREARS 12 July, 2019 19:28
Thought Onions played for Lancashire

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net