Latest news:

WELCOME TO THE MIDDLESEX ROOM, THE ONLY MESSAGE BOARD ON THE INTERNET DEDICATED TO MIDDLESEX CCC

Eating away over the winter

Ethan Bamber loaned to Gloucestershire
Discussion started by Jonathan Winsky , 14 July, 2019 22:37
Ethan Bamber loaned to Gloucestershire
Jonathan Winsky 14 July, 2019 22:37
Gloucestershire have announced that they have signed Ethan Bamber on a one-month loan, and is expected to play when they begin their County Championship match v Leicestershire at Cheltenham tomorrow, and will presumably also play when Worcestershire visit Cheltenham in the same competition in a match beginning on Sunday 21st July.

I imagine he will be eligible for Gloucestershire’s Twenty20 campaign too. If so, it would be interesting to see whether or not it is agreed that he can’t play in the two matches v Middlesex, as Tom Lace is not allowed to play this season in matches between ourselves and Derbyshire. As Middlesex don’t really have a shortage of fast bowlers, I am not sure if Bamber featured in our Twenty20 plans, although it would have been nice to see him play for us in this format.

The match between Glos and Worcs will be the only Championship match in either division between this ongoing round (if tomorrow's match between Glos and Leics can be considered as being in this round) and the round beginning on Sunday 18th August, which means that Glos and Worcs have more need to focus on this competition than the other counties.

From Middlesex’s point of view, it is better for Bamber to play 1st XI cricket elsewhere than play in our 2nd XI.

Re: Ethan Bamber loaned to Gloucestershire
chunkyinargyll 15 July, 2019 06:01
What??????

This is getting ridiculous.

It has to be a cash crisis.

We end up with the team picking itself whenever there is more than a couple of injuries.

tallliman 15 July, 2019 07:16
Would he play the t20 for us? I doubt it so it makes sense for him to go elsewhere and get a game.

chunkyinargyll 15 July, 2019 07:19
Gus Fraser was at Lord's yesterday, with his mate Prince Andrew.

Does anyone know if it is possible to send a Director of Cricket out on loan for a month?

I'm not sure if I really mean that, or not, so if I don't know whether I really mean it or not, I defy anyone else to know whether I really mean it or not.

freddie tittlemouse 15 July, 2019 11:03
Quote:
chunkyinargyll
Gus Fraser was at Lord's yesterday, with his mate Prince Andrew.

You shouldn't judge a man by the company he keeps!

Given that a few weeks ago we were down to 12 fit cricketers plus the "demon" Barber I do wonder what the strategy is.

adelaide 15 July, 2019 12:14
It's not as if he is going to miss any CC matches for us in the next month.

Adelaide

chunkyinargyll 15 July, 2019 12:27
I doubt other counties bother to look any further than Middlesex when they need to supplement their ranks with a loanee.

'I know. We'll phone Gus. He always says yes'.

Fozzie 15 July, 2019 18:11
Ethan took 3-53 in 22 overs as Leica were bowled out for 295, so a good work-out for him. Oh, and H*****s took 2-44.

Devon Dumpling 16 July, 2019 08:11
I happened to be at Cheltenham yesterday and was surprised to see E Bamber on the scorecard as I hadn’t heard the news of his loan. And what a start he made getting a wicket with his second ball. He was his usual economical self and picked up the last two wickets of the innings for a very decent return of 3-53 off 22.3 overs. Some tidy fielding on the boundary meant he had a very good first day for Gloucester. A few Middx links on show - Neil Dexter top scored for Leics with 56.

Was keeping a close eye on Cardiff having enjoyed the previous day there. Glad to see we made late inroads and are in a very good position. Hope the MTWD crew are not too sunburnt!

Seaxe_man1 17 July, 2019 06:26
Quote:
chunkyinargyll
I doubt other counties bother to look any further than Middlesex when they need to supplement their ranks with a loanee.
'I know. We'll phone Gus. He always says yes'.
as I've said a time or two chunky. They like the bargains in the Mx Pound Shop, buy one get one free. Glaws took up that option, very happy with their first purchase. Could be back again.

BREARS 17 July, 2019 17:00
Maybe they are stupid enough to take Barber

WayOutWest 18 July, 2019 19:56
Quote:
BREARS
Maybe they are stupid enough to take Barber

We will be the stupid ones if Bamber and/or Lace contribute to their respective loaned counties denying Middlesex 3rd place.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net