Latest news:

WELCOME TO THE MIDDLESEX ROOM, THE ONLY MESSAGE BOARD ON THE INTERNET DEDICATED TO MIDDLESEX CCC

Eating away over the winter

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Glamorgan v Middlesex 26th July 2019
Discussion started by chunkyinargyll , 25 July, 2019 19:02
Glamorgan v Middlesex 26th July 2019
chunkyinargyll 25 July, 2019 19:02
Squad not named yet, but I assume not much different to 15 named against Gloucestershire.

Hopefully AB will be fit.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/08/2019 11:21 by BarmierKev.

Re: Glamorgan v Middlesex 26th July 2019
Jonathan Winsky 25 July, 2019 19:14
Middlesex will look to bounce back from today’s defeat v Gloucestershire at Cheltenham when we travel further west to play Glamorgan at Sophia Gardens.

Hopefully AB de Villiers will be fit, otherwise the maximum amount of group stage matches he will play for us will be just five, unless he signs up for the business end of the group stage, which he has not done for reasons I don’t understand. If he can play tomorrow, I imagine it would come at the expense of Nick Gubbins, as I can’t see us dropping any other member of our batting line-up from today.

With regards to our bowlers, we have selected the same line-up for each of our first three matches, and they have all had their good moments, so I don’t know if we will make any changes.

Glamorgan are currently looking well-set to record their first Twenty20 win of their campaign v Surrey at The Oval, where the hosts are 114-6 after 16 overs.

Unless this match is a tie, we will either return to winning ways (and see us overtake 2018’s tally of two wins) or have our wins in our first two matches cancelled out by successive defeats. If the weather forecast is to be believed, what definitely won’t happen is the match gets rained-off.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/08/2019 11:20 by BarmierKev.

chunkyinargyll 25 July, 2019 19:52
Just realised Glamorgan have got a long trip home tonight, as they are currently playing (and in a good position against) Surrey. So- game finishes about 10, depart The Oval about 11, get to bed when? 2.30ish at best.

I assume our lads are already in their hotel near the ground, so sleep well.

Edit- Cancel bit about Glamorgan being in a good position. Currently 9-4 in reply to 141.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 25/07/2019 20:04 by chunkyinargyll.

Seaxe_man1 25 July, 2019 20:08
The Mx boys will need to up their batting by. 20% as a minimum Viz a viz with Chelters to set a defendable total if batting first. If he plays Glammy have a dangerous player in Colin Ingram. Oh and AB Lincoln made a useful debut.

chunkyinargyll 25 July, 2019 20:22
Same 15 named-

[www.middlesexccc.com]

chunkyinargyll 25 July, 2019 20:47
Glamorgan 44 all out tonight.

Let's hope they can carry that form over to tomorrow!

chunkyinargyll 26 July, 2019 17:10
Max Holden in for Nick Gubbins.

We won the toss, and put Glammy in to bat.

hdo 26 July, 2019 17:39
Can't find a live stream anywhere...? Although Middlesex have just tweeted a video of Helm's first wicket, so there's a camera!

Jonathan Winsky 26 July, 2019 17:45
It is great to see that Max Holden is making his first appearance of Middlesex’s Twenty20 campaign, as it was sad to see him fall down the pecking order of Middlesex batsmen, especially as he hit 84 in this competition v Somerset at Lord’s last year and hit a List A club record 166 v Kent at Canterbury two months ago. What was even greater was when he took a catch to dismiss Fakhar Zaman off the final ball of the opening over bowled by Tom Helm in which just 1 run was scored, while I was writing this paragraph.

Judging by social media, a lot of the people who have been attracted towards the club due to AB de Villiers signing are unlikely to be happy that he is not playing. Hopefully we will cope better without him than we did yesterday.

The fact we have made no other changes means that we have resisted suggestions to bring in James Harris and/or Sam Robson, not that Robbo was in the squad.

hdo 26 July, 2019 17:57
Quote:
Jonathan Winsky
Judging by social media, a lot of the people who have been attracted towards the club due to AB de Villiers signing are unlikely to be happy that he is not playing.

Yes, there's plenty of nonsense clogging up our social media feeds, stemming from what seems to be a young Asian-based contingent who had probably never heard of Middlesex a month ago. I know we want to attract new fans, but this is very irritating.

chunkyinargyll 26 July, 2019 18:51
Hat trick for Toby to finish off the innings.

Enjoying a good, balanced commentary from BBC Wales, with no histrionics.

Jonathan Winsky 26 July, 2019 18:54
Well done to Toby Roland-Jones on taking what I think is his third career hat-trick for Middlesex, and also complementing his 4-35 v Surrey at The Oval on Tuesday with 5-21 tonight.

Glamorgan’s total of 136 was more than seemed likely than when they were 94-5 after 16 overs. It didn’t help that after Tom Helm conceded 2 runs off his first 2 overs, he conceded 39 off his final 2. Still, it is a total we would be very disappointed if we fail to surpass.

Hopefully Stephen Eskinazi will be able to bat after a ball hit him in the face in the field. The commentators didn’t make it sound serious, although they discussed the concussion protocol and said that he had to leave the field. If he is diagnosed with concussion, surely Middlesex will be able to bring in a replacement for him, who would surely be Nick Gubbins, unless AB de Villiers is declared fit after all, which would be controversial considering he didn’t have to field.

I believe that I am correct in attributing the hat-trick, the cheap overs and the expensive overs to the correct bowlers, as the commentators attributed them to Steven Finn.

Primrose Hillbilly 26 July, 2019 19:03
I feel I'm missing out as I normally only antagonise a select few. Where are these social media feeds that are so highly spoken of, please?

Let me loose on a new congregation !

chunkyinargyll 26 July, 2019 19:06
Clubs Facebook page, Primrose.

Seem to have a childlike way about them.

But posting from about 5.000 miles away.

Jonathan Winsky 26 July, 2019 19:16
It is brilliant that Stephen Eskiazni has been able to open the batting (which the commentators initially sounded a bit surprised by) and has helped Middlesex already get a quarter of the way towards their target.

Toby Roland-Jones’ third hat-trick for Middlesex places him level with J.T. Hearne and on one behind Frank Tarrant on the list of most hat-tricks for Middlesex. It was our second hat-trick in Twenty20 matches, with the other being taken by Dirk Nannes v Essex at Chelmsford in 2008. It was the second hat-trick in as many nights v Glamorgan after Tom Curran achieved the feat for Surrey last night. However, that is probably not as impressive as when Albert Trott took two hat-tricks in one innings (including an instance of four wickets in four balls) for Middlesex v Somerset at Lord’s in his benefit match in 1907.

Haringey Racer 26 July, 2019 19:34
Tom Helm's first two overs went for two runs. His last two for 39. That must be some kind of record and shows that in the later overs any bowler can go thedistance.

WayOutWest 26 July, 2019 20:11
Great win, onwards we roll!

adelaide 26 July, 2019 20:14
Glamorgan commentators gracious and fair. Bob Hunt please note. Also not having private jokes with each other. Certain sidekicks please note.

Adelaide

chunkyinargyll 26 July, 2019 20:19
Dog team.

no ab no support.

(for our friend on Facebook who must be 14 years old and bashing away furiously at a keyboard somewhere in Chennai or Bangalore)

Mind you, it's 2,30 in the morning over there, so he really should be in bed by now.

A convincing win without AB's help!

(Sm106)

Seaxe_man1 26 July, 2019 20:50
Mala played it correctly tonight and saw us over line. Sometimes those innings are as important as the one at the Hacienda. TRJ hatrick again says his mojo is working. R and O said a great catch by Abe Lincoln.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net