Latest news:

WELCOME TO THE MIDDLESEX ROOM, THE ONLY MESSAGE BOARD ON THE INTERNET DEDICATED TO MIDDLESEX CCC

Eating away over the winter

New look
Discussion started by chunkyinargyll , 26 July, 2019 13:06
New look
chunkyinargyll 26 July, 2019 13:06
Have given sportnetwork my opinion.

Apparently 'still working on things'

Chaps- If it ain't broken, don't fix it.

Re: New look
adelaide 26 July, 2019 15:43
Chunky

Apparently quite a lot of rugby boards have left SportsNetwork and set up elsewhere. The absence of any significant change since W G Grace's day may have had something to do with it, also the intrusive nature of some of the advertising. My personal beef was the seemingly unerring way what was on the screen would change just as I clicked on a link.

So people were voting with their feet that there was something broke, plus if you never change something that ain;t broke you never moev forward.

I don't like the pink as it is too faint. Presumably it is chosen to fit in with the one day colours but it doesn't work in my opinion. Better to match the colour of the county caps.

Adelaide

BarmierKev 26 July, 2019 15:58
I’m not impressed

Barmy Kev
I'm only here for the tele

chunkyinargyll 26 July, 2019 16:11
Adelaide- Use Adblocker. Works perfectly then.

It was actually worse earlier, and I emailed them. The pink made the thread titles unreadable, so Jon Steer changed it to a more purpley colour which is a bit better.

I realise we wanted pink as that is our T20 colour, but for the sake of legibility it might be better to change the colour to blue. Can you do that Kev, or does it need to be another email to them?

Also not sure if new is working. JS said he'd fixed it, but whilst it works on some forums, not sure if it is working on MTWD (doesn't appear to be)

adelaide 26 July, 2019 16:21
Chunky

If everyone used Adblocker nobody would advertise on the sites and they would go under!

It's not the presence of ads that annoyed me, just the way it made it difficult to navigate quickly. Click on a link (you think) and it has taken you somerwhere quite different. I learnt in the end to wait until all the frames had loaded (I assume it was the order in which they were loading that was the issue) but I should not have to do that. Hopefully the new format won't suffer from this.

The pink I am seeing is still pretty pale.

Adelaide

BarmierKev 26 July, 2019 16:22
Thanks for your input Chunky. I will contact Sportnetwork myself too.

Barmy Kev
I'm only here for the tele

chunkyinargyll 26 July, 2019 16:25
It's better than it was at 2 smiling bouncing smileypm. I've added a smiley, because I'm not sure they are working properly.

And your post confirms new not working.

Dark blue for thread titles would be better,

BeefyRoberts 27 July, 2019 19:07
Cant tell what is a new posting either,unless you click on date.
At least previously with 'new' next to topic it was easily seen.
Dont like the pink either,blends in with the white too easily

chunkyinargyll 27 July, 2019 19:18
It seems that any threads with unread posts appear with the thread title in slightly thicker type, so although not as good as 'new' it's better than nothing.

As I said before, we need to change the pinky/purlpey thread titles for deep blue, as that would be much easier to read.

Jon Steer changed it within 5 minutes on Friday when I emailed- from completely unreadable pink to something slightly better, but it's still not good enough.

Looking at other forums they all seem to dislike the changes, including rugby forums, for whose benefit these changes were made (because a couple of the rugby forums decided to move elsewhere) Well if they've already left, there is no point pleasing them (because they've left) so why mess about when everyone else was happy?

adelaide 31 July, 2019 10:15
I see that "new" is back.

It is much easier to navigate to the last page of a long thread now as page numbers are shown. Hard to check now but I think you had to hit "Next" the required number of times, not a good thing to do on a mobile data connection.

The ill-timed "jump" as you hit a link is also a thing of the past.

I may be in a minority of one but - as long as the pink is replaced by something easier to read - I'm
quite happy with the new format.

Adelaide
Adelaide

adelaide 31 July, 2019 16:11
There is a good thread on the Saracens board. Many of the same points are being made but it is interesting that someone from Sportsnetwork is actually responding constructively to points being made constructively. If we had done the double perhaps we's have the same clout!

Adelaide

adelaide 07 August, 2019 00:00
Just realised that the mobile version of the site seems to be unchanged. Am I missing something?

Adelaide

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net