Latest news:

WELCOME TO THE MIDDLESEX ROOM, THE ONLY MESSAGE BOARD ON THE INTERNET DEDICATED TO MIDDLESEX CCC

Eating away over the winter

Sad news. Rob the Punk
Discussion started by BarmierKev , 07 August, 2019 18:16
Sad news. Rob the Punk
BarmierKev 07 August, 2019 18:16
It is with great regret I have to report today the passing away of one of my best cricket friends Rob Ward , known as Rob the Punk here. Some of our regulars have met him at games against Kent when I joined him and others would have read his many reports at these matches. I met him in Antigua 1996 and we have remained friends ever since. We often crossed paths at many cricket matches and often co-incidently.

He was a lovely, funny, compassionate person. He handled his illness so bravely, which was an insipriration.

I wish his close knit devestated family great strength at this time. Rob the Punk RIP.

Barmy Kev
I'm only here for the tele

Re: Sad news. Rob the Punk
BeefyRoberts 07 August, 2019 20:30
Met Rob a couple of times,and agree with how Kev describes him.
A decent guy indeed.
Thoughts with his family at this sad time.
RIP Rob

Seaxe_man1 07 August, 2019 20:53
Didn't know him keV sounds sad. RIP.

Rogers and Out 08 August, 2019 07:22
Very sad news. I had the good fortune to meet him on several occasions mainly at home and away matches against Kent.

A lovely man, who was most knowledgeable about cricket and non league football.

Rest in peace Rob.

BarmierKev 08 August, 2019 07:38
I've been able to dig out two of his more recent match reports. He never took notes and was able to promptly reel off the top his head key moments on and off the pitch.
Rob the Punk

RIP

Barmy Kev

Fozzie 08 August, 2019 08:01
I never met Rob, but I do remember those match reports which gcommunicate a great sense of fun and enjoyment, and i suspect convey the spirit of the man. RIP.

BarmierKev 08 August, 2019 13:48
Been thinking of many favourite comical Rob moments. The one that came to mind from report linked was we were thinking of cricketers associated with musical composers. Our answers were drying up. Then Rob said “Kevin Pietersen”. Long pause. Then asked why . “ He is a total Wagner”.

The genitalia one it was immediately suggested he opened the innings without any questions.

Barmy Kev

BarmierKev 19 August, 2019 06:39
11:30 today I will attending be attending Rob's funeral. Guest are encouraged to wear cricket or punk attire.

Yesterday, was depressing , but this will put it into perspective.

Barmy Kev

BarmierKev 19 August, 2019 20:58
It was an emotional day today. Soul Limbo was played at the end of service. Found out today Rob's twins Debbie and Linda share the same date of birth as me. 18th February.

Rob has played a major part in my cricket enjoyment over the years. I discovered today how much more Rob has done the same to many more at cricket matches and punk rock gigs.

Thank you Beefy for raising a glass at Hove.

We agreed Debbie and Linda will join us for a "Rob Day" next season. Hopefully a Middlesex v Kent game.

Cheers Rob.

Barmy Kev

BarmierKev 20 August, 2019 07:18
One final comment about yesterday. In his eulogy the celebrant referred to Rob spending days at cricket talking nonsense. His close friend Pete at cricket games after disagreed . He shouted he did not talk nonsense he talked bullocks.

Barmy Kev

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net