Latest news:

WELCOME TO THE MIDDLESEX ROOM, THE ONLY MESSAGE BOARD ON THE INTERNET DEDICATED TO MIDDLESEX CCC

Eating away over the winter

The Edge
Discussion started by Sussex Seaxe , 09 August, 2019 16:33
The Edge
Sussex Seaxe 09 August, 2019 16:33
I went to see this film last night in Lewes, with a Q&A afterwards with the writer/director, who lives in these parts and plays at a local club. I would thoroughly recommend it. It follows the England team from approximately 2009, through their rise to No 1 in the world and their subsequent decline.

The director had intended it to follow Jonathan Trott and he does feature extensively (and movingly). During development, it expanded into a much wider film, with lots of input from many of the team and of Andy Flower and David Saker. Our own Steven Finn plays a big part.

It is of great interest to cricket fans, but many there last night were not; it also gave great insight into team development, the fun and anguish to be had playing the game at a high level and, most importantly, mental health issues, which Trott and others struggled with. Inevitably, KP divides opinion too.

I really enjoyed it, as did Mrs Seaxe; if you get the chance, do get to see it.

Re: The Edge
tallliman 09 August, 2019 17:40
Agreed, it's a really good film. Watched it before the Ireland test. It really bought home how big the mental side of the game.

Re: The Edge
adelaide 09 August, 2019 17:44
I thought this was about U2...

Adelaide

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net