Latest news:

WELCOME TO THE MIDDLESEX ROOM, THE ONLY MESSAGE BOARD ON THE INTERNET DEDICATED TO MIDDLESEX CCC

Eating away over the winter

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Miguel Cummins
Fozzie 12 September, 2019 13:38
Quote:
chunkyinargyll
Kevin Hand on commentary has made a couple of comments that suggest these last three matches might be a try out for a longer contract (although West Indies are over here next summer)

If that's not the case, we've just spent a wedge of money on a fast bowler for 3 matches to help win us promotion, only to see that possibility go up in smoke after just one game. One would hope that Ethan Bamber would get a chance at Old Trafford. If Cummins isn't being considered for a longer-term contract his only function would be to spare TRJ's and Finny's legs.

freddie tittlemouse 12 September, 2019 14:24
Quote:
freddie tittlemouse
No point taking 20 wickets if the opposition scores more runs than us.
Bounced

BeefyRoberts 22 September, 2019 20:35
On Facebook,Cummins has put picture of Pavilion,and words saying 'Be awesome playing here next season' has put more,but that's the main piece.

chunkyinargyll 22 September, 2019 20:41
I wonder if this means Tim Murtagh has opted for Ireland.

If not then it makes little sense.

chunkyinargyll 30 September, 2019 20:31
Miguel Cummins has signed a 3 year deal, which, I'll be honest, is a trifle baffling.

Is he still overseas, or is he going to leave West Indies cricket and become a Kolpak?

Jonathan Winsky 30 September, 2019 21:52
There was some expectation that Miguel Cummins would sign permanently. The fact he will join a stable of fast bowlers which is set to also include Tim Murtagh, Steven Finn, Toby Roland-Jones, Tom Helm, James Harris and Ethan Bamber means that there shouldn't be any excuse for Middlesex entering matches with bowlers less than 100% fit, and it will give us various options about the type of fast bowlers we would like to have in our side for a particular match. However, it also means that matches will take place with certain bowlers left out, much to the disappointment of the bowlers left out and to the disappointment of those hoping that the absent fast bowlers would have played.

I believe that Cummins will be considered as a Kolpak player, despite it being uncertain that this status will exist post-Brexit. Every time I hear pro-Brexit politicians talking about how Brexit will affect immigration, they suggest that the laws won't be much different to at present.

chunkyinargyll 01 October, 2019 06:10
With so many announcements last night it is a concern Tim Murtagh wasn't mentioned.

I can only assume he is still weighing up his options. Maybe we have only offered him one year, and he wants two years, or two years when he wants three.

As I said before Cummins makes little sense unless Murtagh (or one of the others) is leaving.

Edit- posted this before I read Leprachaun's excellent report on proceedings- so Timmy should stay!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/10/2019 06:19 by chunkyinargyll.

Seaxe Boy 02 October, 2019 16:44
Good luck to Miguel Cummins who has signed a three-year Kolpak contract.

Seaxe_man1 02 October, 2019 17:40
Top table at the Form said he was signed to cover all Mx bowling possibilities including possible England call ups. Bowled ok at Old Trafford.

Seaxe_man1 05 October, 2019 07:00
Plus probably a sticking plaster for the departure of next cab off the rank. Harry Podmore

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net