Latest news:

WELCOME TO THE MIDDLESEX ROOM, THE ONLY MESSAGE BOARD ON THE INTERNET DEDICATED TO MIDDLESEX CCC

Let the 2019 season begin

Cashless Lords
Discussion started by BeefyRoberts , 10 September, 2019 13:40
Cashless Lords
BeefyRoberts 10 September, 2019 13:40
Today,without any announcement,Lords has gone cashless,all outlets are card purchase only.
Staff not told until they arrived today,our club didn't know,actually nobody knew about it.
So,if anyone is heading to Lords after today,be aware of this madness.

Re: Cashless Lords
hdo 10 September, 2019 13:56
Makes it easier to charge their outrageous food, drink and merchandise prices when customers only have to hand over a bit of plastic, rather than actually count out the cash and realise what they're spending.

BeefyRoberts 10 September, 2019 14:14
Scenario at lunch....A guy ordered food and a drink,both served,and then told card only.
The guy had cash with him,no card.
So,had to walk away.
There are no signs about card only,has been not a single announcement by PA either.
That should of been all done before the days play had started.
It's just another totally unorganised plan by those at Lords.
Why do this now,and not wait until start of next season?

adelaide 10 September, 2019 14:44
Does that include admission? Not that I need to pay,

Adelaide

BeefyRoberts 10 September, 2019 15:06
Adelaide
No idea on that question,but that was also mentioned in our conversation.
It's now tea,and still nothing mentioned about this subject.

Fozzie 10 September, 2019 15:26
Apparently cash is still accepted in the Pavillion. Presumably there was fear of a mutiny by elderly MCC members.

BeefyRoberts 10 September, 2019 15:52
Purchased 3 pints in Warner Stand,and enquired about redemption of plastic cups,and how that works.
Was told....on return of the pint cups,we give you £ coins in return....You really cant make this up 🤣😂

adelaide 10 September, 2019 16:37
Quote:
Fozzie
Apparently cash is still accepted in the Pavillion. Presumably there was fear of a mutiny by elderly MCC members.

Some of them probably still probably regard £sd and woudl prefer to pay in groats/

Adelaide

Jameslawler 10 September, 2019 20:03
I agree not told about this until I went to the Middlesex room to order lunch. I queued as normal then told to pay with card at first then got lunch. I asked about it and the staff said lords wanted to follow the oval.

However In the shop by the pavilion they were still accepting cash. Very confusing about what's going on no notice what so ever

Old Enfield Colt 12 September, 2019 09:13
Quote:
BeefyRoberts
Purchased 3 pints in Warner Stand,and enquired about redemption of plastic cups,and how that works.
Was told....on return of the pint cups,we give you £ coins in return....You really cant make this up 🤣😂

Exactly the same ( although I only dealt in units of 2 pints ). So they can't accept cash, but have a till full of Pound Coins to cover redemptions. Joined up thinking there !

BeefyRoberts 12 September, 2019 09:16
I wonder what would happen,if there is ever a computer crash,putting all the card readers out of action?
I suppose one could always use the ATM still in the ground!

BeefyRoberts 12 September, 2019 10:07
I messaged Lancashire earlier,just to see what their forms of payment are,for anyone going up next week.
Pleased to inform they accept cash and card

BeefyRoberts 12 September, 2019 12:51
Today,at lunch,In Middlesex Room.
Purchased a beer.
It's now reverted to card or cash!
You cant make it up,you really cant!!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net