Latest news:

WELCOME TO THE MIDDLESEX ROOM, THE ONLY MESSAGE BOARD ON THE INTERNET DEDICATED TO MIDDLESEX CCC

Eating away over the winter

Memories of Compo and Edrich stands
Discussion started by BarmierKev , 14 September, 2019 03:07
Memories of Compo and Edrich stands
BarmierKev 14 September, 2019 03:07
Farewell to Compo and Edrich

This link sent by Ged. A nostalgic read

Re: Memories of Compo and Edrich stands
tallliman 14 September, 2019 06:42
A nice read. The Compton was my first stand at Lord's for a ODI v WIndies in 2000. Ended up sitting there for a couple of years until I plucked up the courage to venture down the other end.

Saw most of my Lord's test matches from there or the Edrich, so many memories.

BeefyRoberts 14 September, 2019 07:00
Wont miss either stand to be honest,never liked sitting there!
Poorly designed,lack of toilets except the Porcelain Palace,that has been demolished already.
No food outlets either (if use them)
Sat in lower Edrich for the opening game of 1999 world cup,was a dreadful view and the 'breeze' was worse than Hurricane Irma.

But there again,my views of Lords is a different posting!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 14/09/2019 07:01 by BeefyRoberts.

Jonathan Winsky 14 September, 2019 08:47
I have only ever sat in either the Compton or Edrich stands on a few occasions, but one of those occasions was one of my greatest memories at Lord’s, when I sat in the Edrich stand for the 2017 Women’s Cricket World Cup final, which was famously won by England.

Looking at the plans for the replacement stands, it seems like the new stands will be a significant upgrade, not least because the stands they will replace didn't actually offer anything other than seats!

The intention is that the new stands will be partially-opened in time for the first major match of the 2020 season and will be fully operational by 2021. I hope that enough work will have taken place before Middlesex's first match at Lord's next season to enable spectators to be able to access the ground from the North gate, as I fear that everyone may have to continue only being able to enter by the Grace gates if there are delays.

adelaide 18 September, 2019 08:13
The old benches were, quite literally, a pain in the a*s!

Adelaide

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net