Latest news:

WELCOME TO THE MIDDLESEX ROOM, THE ONLY MESSAGE BOARD ON THE INTERNET DEDICATED TO MIDDLESEX CCC

Eating away over the winter

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4
Re: Nearly done for another year- Derbyshire 23-26 September
Bring back the Crusaders 27 September, 2019 18:42
I must admit pre-season I was looking top three finish but instead we ended up with a bottom 3 finish - maybe we should set our sights a bit lower next year.
I think the most astonishing thing about our demise is Mr. Fraser hanging on to his job - if he had any decency he would resign

Lifer 27 September, 2019 19:33
I'm not sure its Fraser. We fired the coach and that had a limited effect. Much better in white ball but not red ball.

The common factor seems to be the departure of Vinnie Coddrington who did an awful lot of the player signings and salary negotiations. We won the championship after he left but its been all downhill since

Seaxe_man1 28 September, 2019 08:24
Quote:
Lifer
I'm not sure its Fraser. We fired the coach and that had a limited effect. Much better in white ball but not red ball.
The common factor seems to be the departure of Vinnie Coddrington who did an awful lot of the player signings and salary negotiations. We won the championship after he left but its been all downhill since
Lifer. Your first paragraph. The coach should have gone at the close of 2017. Problems were clear then . He had no interest in white ball cricket hence Vettori was expensively employed. Your second paragraph I agree with. Vinny also interacted with and was interested in the grassroot members.

chunkyinargyll 28 September, 2019 08:55
Seaxe-Man

Re engaging with mere mortals like supporters.

Now I live in Bonnie Scotland I can only get to one match a year.

A few years back (possibly 2013 or 2014) Richard Goatley sat next to me for half an hour at Lord's.

Unfortunately (and I deeply regret it) at the time I didn't know who the hell he was. I simply sat there thinking 'Why is this person sat right next to me when the stand is 66% empty. A bit like protocol dictates you don't stand next to someone at a urinal if there are plenty of others to choose from. It was only when he was appointed Chief Exec and I saw a photo that I realised who it was who had chosen to sit next to me when there were loads of spare seats to choose from.

I know they have surveillance cameras so I can only think Fletch (the only person I had really had contact with) must have said, 'That's Chunky in Argyll' so RG went and sat next to me. But as I didn't realise who he was I didn't take the opportunity to engage in a conversation. He made one or two comments that I didn't really respond to (because believe it or not I'm quite shy) so after 30 minutes or so he left. At the time all I was thinking (regrettably) was 'Why is this bloke sat next to me when there are so many empty seats available'

So he did try (my fault for not knowing who he was). Also for a year after getting CEO's job he did the monthly 'Ask the CEO' video sessions were people could email in questions, but out of 8,000 odd (and most of us are odd) members it was the same half dozen people who asked questions each time.

If people are apathetic you can't really say someone isn't willing to make themselves available.

Seaxe_man1 28 September, 2019 15:00
Chunky. I was only commenting on Vinny. Not comparing with anyone else. At forums this point has been made many times.

adelaide 28 September, 2019 16:13
If someone said "That's Adelaide", they'd probably sit at the other end of the ground!

Adelaide

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net