Latest news:

WELCOME TO THE MIDDLESEX ROOM, THE ONLY MESSAGE BOARD ON THE INTERNET DEDICATED TO MIDDLESEX CCC

Eating away over the winter

Alternative XI
Discussion started by MB , 22 September, 2019 08:11
Alternative XI
MB 22 September, 2019 08:11
I Ve enjoyed the combined XI's series of posts this summer, which has led me to look at ex-players (& some current players) and how they have performed. I have wondered if this group would have fared any better in Division 2 than our current crop

BA Godleman (Captain)
JL Denly
TC Lace
NJ Dexter
AM Rossington (WK)
RF Higgins
TMJ Smith
GK Berg
CJC Wright
HW Podmore
OP Rayner

Top 3 could be quite solid. Middle order batting could be considered a little light (although Higgins has had a fantastic season), but could hardly be any less potent than our middle order
Bowling probably offers more variation and more options with potentially 8 of the 11 regular bowlers

Re: Alternative XI
chunkyinargyll 22 September, 2019 08:15
Josh Davey always seems to get forgotten.

I'd have him ahead of either Berg or Wright.

MB 22 September, 2019 08:39
Quote:
chunkyinargyll
Josh Davey always seems to get forgotten.
I'd have him ahead of either Berg or Wright.

Yes very good point and I had forgotten about him

adelaide 22 September, 2019 08:54
Ollie is still with us, isn't he? Might well still be next year given that Nathan hasn't stood out, difficult as it is to do so on the seamers' wickets which have continued through the season.

Adelaide

freddie tittlemouse 22 September, 2019 14:26
If I were choosing a joint team based on this season's performances 7 of the "outsiders" would be in it.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net