Latest news:

WELCOME TO THE MIDDLESEX ROOM, THE ONLY MESSAGE BOARD ON THE INTERNET DEDICATED TO MIDDLESEX CCC

Eating away over the winter

End of season forum 30th September
Discussion started by chunkyinargyll , 23 September, 2019 15:46
End of season forum 30th September
chunkyinargyll 23 September, 2019 15:46
[www.middlesexccc.com]

I don't know if this is significant or not, but it says the top table will consist of club chairman Mike O'Farrell, Chief executive Richard Goatley and Head coach Stuart Law.

As I can never get to these is it normal for Gus Fraser (and for that matter the club captain) to be absent, or is it unusual?

Re: End of season forum 30th September
Ivor's Tache 23 September, 2019 16:01
Gus has normally been present at the forums I have attended. There is not always representation by the captain or a senior player, however, more often than not one is in attendance.

Jonathan Winsky 23 September, 2019 18:12
I wasn’t previously aware of this forum, as although it is listed on the page about members events on Middlesex’s official website, I did not notice it the previous time I had looked at that page. I was beginning to fear that the club’s efforts to increase engagement with members was ironically making it harder to engage, as although there now seems to be Board Q&A's at tea intervals on days I cannot attend, it seemed that there were no longer so many evening forums.

I imagine that the questions asked will include whether there will be some incomings this winter (virtually every winter during the last decade has seen our tally of signings be o or 1), what is the future of Dawid Malan, and how will be the 2020 season be impacted by The Hundred.

chunkyinargyll 23 September, 2019 18:22
I presume that's why Dawid Malan won't be there.

First hand to go up would want to know if he was moving to Yorkshire.

Don't know why, but I'm starting to think there might be a big announcement towards the end of this week, (not necessarily Malan related).

Unless there isn't!

BeefyRoberts 23 September, 2019 18:22
I imagine the possible new ground will get a mention.
I'm.working,so will miss it.To be honest,I wont miss it as top table always comes out with same answers!

Dave_LW 23 September, 2019 20:21
I understand Malan is getting married imminently, hence will not be available for the forum. As for anyone else - well who knows?

Dave_LW 24 September, 2019 05:46
The club have just tweeted (very early morning) and updated panel list that includes Gus.

chunkyinargyll 24 September, 2019 05:54
Thanks for that, Dave, They've also amended the original link.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net