Latest news:

WELCOME TO THE MIDDLESEX ROOM, THE ONLY MESSAGE BOARD ON THE INTERNET DEDICATED TO MIDDLESEX CCC

Eating away over the winter

Thanks to reporters
Discussion started by BarmierKev , 27 September, 2019 11:55
Thanks to reporters
BarmierKev 27 September, 2019 11:55
This season only two days have been missed where there has been play. The 9 overs at Leicester and Day 2 of last game. This due to none of even our hardy reporters being there.

I would like to offer a huge thanks to our team of reporters. Especially in an age of lack of media coverage this has provided a source for getting some kind of take on how the day went outside of what was on the scorecard. Many lurkers have commented to me the value these have had.

The forum will be next and likely to be most enlightening.

Winter well everybody

Barmy Kev
I'm only here for the tele

Re: Thanks to reporters
freddie tittlemouse 27 September, 2019 16:56
Agreed. They are extremely informative for those among us who can't get to many games even if the punning titles are excruciating.

Darren Gosling 29 September, 2019 08:48
Not as excruciating as watching us bat all day in red ball cricket and then having to relive the agony by typing it all up later!!

hdo 29 September, 2019 10:29
Quote:
Darren Gosling
Not as excruciating as watching us bat all day in red ball cricket and then having to relive the agony by typing it all up later!!

Surely that never happened??

adelaide 29 September, 2019 11:27
Quote:
BarmierKev
This season only two days have been missed where there has been play. The 9 overs at Leicester and Day 2 of last game. This due to none of even our hardy reporters being there.
I would like to offer a huge thanks to our team of reporters. Especially in an age of lack of media coverage this has provided a source for getting some kind of take on how the day went outside of what was on the scorecard. Many lurkers have commented to me the value these have had.

The forum will be next and likely to be most enlightening.

Winter well everybody

Seconded, thirded or whatever.

Couldn't we have got Norbert the Nibbler to have done the Day 2 report?

Come to think of it, perhaps Norbert should be opening the batting as he appears to be both destructive and hard to dislodge.

Adelaide

BeefyRoberts 29 September, 2019 15:00
After all the work is completed in removing both Compton and Edrich,would be good to see a pic or two of the open spaces,and seeing media centre on it's own.
Norbert and Minor will both be offered membership of MCC in recognition of all the work done.
With reporting,using various media/internet ways of sending to the Mods make it much easier,and saves all the re-writing later.
It does,in my case,give poor Kev loads to decipher and remove (or add!).
Anyone else fancy doing a little report on games next season,have a try!
I'm sure Kev and other mods will be grateful of any extras.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net