Latest news:

WELCOME TO THE MIDDLESEX ROOM, THE ONLY MESSAGE BOARD ON THE INTERNET DEDICATED TO MIDDLESEX CCC

Eating away over the winter

Message from Ollie Rayner
Discussion started by BarmierKev , 02 October, 2019 12:39
Message from Ollie Rayner
BarmierKev 02 October, 2019 12:39
I sent a thank you and good luck message to Ollie. He is happy for me to share his response

Hi Kev,

Really kind of you to get in touch and yes when I read Gus’s tribute it did leave me scratching my head a little! I’m obviously disappointed but such is life.....

The memories I’ve made at Middlesex will be held very dear to me, some very tough times but some absolutely amazing times also, so all worth the effort!

I genuinely appreciate your email and I wish you and Middlesex well for the future, I’m sure the powers that be know what they’re doing and good times for the club and supporters will return to Lords once again!

Please pass on my best and thanks to the rest of supporters and message board and feel free to share my email if you wish....

It’s been a hell of a ride!

Regards,

Ollie.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 13/10/2019 20:47 by BarmierKev.

Re: Message from Ollie Rayner
chunkyinargyll 02 October, 2019 12:48
Ah, that's nice.

From 430 miles away, never got to speak to him, but I could see a bloke who always did his best, and it wasn't his fault he often found himself used in a negative, containing way.

Looks like he wanted to stay, and even if Walallawita and Holman get their first deals I don't expect them to be first team regulars in their first year.

Gus's praise was so fulsome I assume it must be Stuart Law's choice, and if you've put SL in charge, you've put him in charge and mustn't go against his wishes.

BeefyRoberts 02 October, 2019 13:04
Shows Ollie is a top guy.
Always happy to chat to anyone,and same as his father,Mark,he was great company at games and he would stay around and chat as well.
Slip catching was good,and along with that 143* at Trent Bridge will always stay in my mind watching it!
Bowling vs Mexicans at Oval as well,15 wits in match.
Great entertainment in Tavern in 2016 as well,picking up the trophy,still with our champagne in it and pouring all over him.. classic.

Good luck wherever your career goes next Ollie,maybe against us,who knows?

Primrose Hillbilly 06 October, 2019 10:59
Smashing bloke, who was kind enough amidst the mayhem of that night in the tavern, to remember that just before play began I had told him to "believe", and immediately got me a pint on the strength of that.

Good luck, Ollie, wherever you go.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net