Latest news:

WELCOME TO THE MIDDLESEX ROOM, THE ONLY MESSAGE BOARD ON THE INTERNET DEDICATED TO MIDDLESEX CCC

Eating away over the winter

Poll: Our player of season 2019
Discussion started by BarmierKev , 04 October, 2019 13:38
Poll: Our player of season 2019
BarmierKev 04 October, 2019 13:38

Our player of season?

Dawid Malan
Sam Robson
Paul Stirling
John Simpson
James Harris
Tim Murtagh
Anyone else

You must be logged in to vote.

33 Votes

Show results

We had odd flashes of brilliance, but no one performed consistently well.

Personally think is between Dawid and Murts. Need to think about it.

Barmy Kev
I'm only here for the tele

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 13/10/2019 21:43 by BarmierKev.

Re: Poll: Our player of season 2019
Jonathan Winsky 04 October, 2019 18:33
I have voted for Dawid Malan, as he performed well in all three competitions, something which can probably only be also said of John Simpson and maybe Tom Helm. Malan’s tally of 1,005 County Championship runs and 490 Twenty20 runs comfortably made him Middlesex’s top-scorer in both competitions, while he also scored 173 runs in the Royal London Cup.

I felt that it was highly likely that Malan would win the official Player of the Year award, so it came as no surprise to me when he won both that award and the Players’ Player of the Year award.

tallliman 04 October, 2019 19:06
Dawid for me, consistently keeping us afloat throughout the season. Him and Gubbo batting in that crazy52 over session at New Road is the memory I go back to for the season.

freddie tittlemouse 05 October, 2019 10:02
I'm voting for Tom Lace cos he "emerged"

Seaxe_man1 07 October, 2019 16:13
David Malan for me. His knock at Cardiff big contribution to winning that match on World Cup weekend. A good trip all-round with hot weather and friendly hosts.

Seaxe Boy 11 October, 2019 09:01
In my view, Tim Murtagh was our leading wicket taker and most consistent bowler in the county championship. His bowling average also proved that he bowled economically.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net