Latest news:

WELCOME TO THE MIDDLESEX ROOM, THE ONLY MESSAGE BOARD ON THE INTERNET DEDICATED TO MIDDLESEX CCC

Eating away over the winter

Season 2020
Discussion started by BeefyRoberts , 08 October, 2019 10:43
Season 2020
BeefyRoberts 08 October, 2019 10:43
I know this year season hasnt long finished,but there have been two announcements for next season already.
On July 17th,Dorset CCC have mentioned they are playing Hampshire in 50 over game at North Perrott CC near Yeovil.
Is this date going to be set for all the minor county vs 1st class county games?
On facebook just now,Barmy Army have said tickets for T20 finals day will be on sale soon,date for finals day is 5th Sept.
Wondering if the 50 over game is going to be localised,and who we might play.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 19/11/2019 20:09 by BarmierKev.

Re: Season 2020
Darren Gosling 10 October, 2019 21:17
17th of July is the start of the Blundred and I believe the 50 over game will be played concurrently. So it sounds feasible we will be playing then too. Apparently all first class counties are playing a 50 over 'warm up' against a minor county - no doubt that was part of the sweetner to get minor counties to vote for the Blundred.
I strongly suspect we will play Berkshire due to our links with them.....
T20 Finals Day sold out already I gather.

Seaxe_man1 11 October, 2019 07:25
T20 Finals Day sold out already. Does not sound as though it is to be overshadowed by 100 as it's media fans suggest.

BeefyRoberts 12 October, 2019 10:17
Looking on Sky Bet,they have odds for next season already.
The Middle are 2nd favourites to win Div 2 at 4-1,favourites Notts at 7-4
T20,we are 10-1 to win it.
There are no prices at all for the 50 over competition,is that because it's not recognised by bookies just like the ecb are doing the same?
Sadly,although I didnt look,there is a book open for the franchise CC rubbish.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/10/2019 11:42 by BeefyRoberts.

Seaxe_man1 12 October, 2019 12:27
London Spirit or Ovalteenies have to be up there Beefy. A lot of mums coming out of both venues possibly a little worse for wear but I trust not.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 14/10/2019 15:19 by Seaxe_man1.

Seaxe_man1 23 October, 2019 12:06
After the draft for 50 overs Leics have their full first eleven available and Northants bar one. This should shorten their odds.

Jonathan Winsky 13 November, 2019 18:31
An article in the Daily Mail says that ECB are trying to produce a fixturelist for the 2020 season whereby the County Championship will finish on 24th September rather than the originally-intended date of 30th September, which is likely to be achieved by playing the matches inside 15 rounds, while the article also says that it is hoped that the Championship will start on Sunday 12th April and with the first 12 rounds of the season featuring play at the weekend, which would be popular news.

If the Championship is played across 15 rounds, then it would make it unlikely that there will be many rounds in which half of the 18 counties are inactive in the competition.

BeefyRoberts 13 November, 2019 19:03
When I attended the meeting at Portculis House,graves said they have handed over the structuring of next seasons fixtures to the counties,(or stakeholders as the bloke kept calling them).
All of a sudden,according to the Mail,they are now back to arranging the fixtures,and,all this with about 2 weeks to go to fixture release date.
Quicker they release them,the better for me to bd able to arrange annual leave at work.

Jonathan Winsky 17 November, 2019 23:24
The Daily Mail report that the fixtures for The Hundred will be announced on Tuesday 26th November, so hopefully the county fixtures will be announced that day too, or maybe even before then. A lot of people would be unhappy if there is a long wait between the announcement of the fixtures for The Hundred and the equivalent announcement for county cricket.

The article says that MCC are hopeful that the final of The Hundred will take place at Lord’s. Although Lord’s would be an obvious venue for the final due to the history of the ground and it being (for the time being, until The Oval is expanded) the largest cricket ground in Britain, it would be a bit of a surprise if it was to stage the final considering Finals Day of the county Twenty20 competition has never taken place there, which I think is due to concerns of local residents.

Although the floodlights at Lord’s are due to be required for matches in The Hundred in 2020, it seems unlikely to impact Middlesex’s ability to continue playing evening Twenty20 matches there, as Westminster City Council have approved an application to increase the evenings when the floodlights can be used from 10 to 18.

tallliman 18 November, 2019 19:19
Got an email today saying Leics have dropped membership prices to 99quid for next season. All Leics games bar t20.....quite the bargain.

BeefyRoberts 18 November, 2019 20:25
Quote:
tallliman
Got an email today saying Leics have dropped membership prices to 99quid for next season. All Leics games bar t20.....quite the bargain.

They also have reciprocal deal with I think Northants,Derbyshire and one other I cant remember.

tallliman 18 November, 2019 20:52
Quote:
BeefyRoberts
Quote:
tallliman

They also have reciprocal deal with I think Northants,Derbyshire and one other I cant remember.

Normally Notts but it wasnt in place last time both were in div 2.

BeefyRoberts 19 November, 2019 15:14
Another rumour doing the rounds for seconds next season,saying there will be only 5 x 3 day games and the 50 over game to be cancelled.
I suppose most players will be involved with the 50 over development tournament the fools at ecb have made whilst the franchise@#$%&is held.
Only 5 x 3 day games though?
What ARE they doing?
Do they know?

Ivor's Tache 19 November, 2019 19:41
Quote:
BeefyRoberts
Another rumour doing the rounds for seconds next season,saying there will be only 5 x 3 day games and the 50 over game to be cancelled.
I suppose most players will be involved with the 50 over development tournament the fools at ecb have made whilst the franchise@#$%&is held.
Only 5 x 3 day games though?
What ARE they doing?
Do they know?

Worrying thing is that they may well know what they are up to. Absolute OBSCURED UNDER LEGAL ADVICE

BeefyRoberts 20 November, 2019 21:09
I hear 26th of this month is fixture release day.
Will we have another trip to Dublin,be great if the club continue to play this game.Was a success for all.
Where will we play our minor counties away 50 over game?
Soon will be all revealed!

chunkyinargyll 21 November, 2019 07:30
I think 26th is Blundred release day (to give it publicity)

Real fixtures the following day,

BeefyRoberts 21 November, 2019 11:36
So,in reality,Chunky,nothing to worry about until the Weds next week.
Last season,the fixtures were split for release,T20 first,followed by 50 over,then County Championship.It covered 2 days I think.
Including the 💯 garbage,will it now be over 3 days?

BeefyRoberts 21 November, 2019 20:19
Tuesday next week is fixture release day,been put on twitter,but,one newspaper reporter said 'we were told not to tell anyone',like its top secret!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net