Latest news:

WELCOME TO THE MIDDLESEX ROOM, THE ONLY MESSAGE BOARD ON THE INTERNET DEDICATED TO MIDDLESEX CCC

Eating away over the winter

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4
Re: Seas⁷on 2020
BarmierKev 04 April, 2020 16:18
Sorry to be a voice of doom at this difficult time. Just read this months Cricketer magazine later than normal. I always enjoyed the part where they review the hopes for each county ahead of the season. There was an empty feeling when reading this.

There is a bigger picture . But this was a reminder on the affect of present times on different levels.

BeefyRoberts 05 April, 2020 12:34
Have ordered this years Playfair, I can, at least read through it.
Might just sit in the garden next Sunday with 3 stumps in the grass, sandwiches in bag and flask at the ready.
Couple of cans as well?
Please, stay safe everyone, and hope all families are healthy.

New Boy 2 05 April, 2020 12:53
What a cracking idea.

Armed with a dice, or two, a proper day at a county game can be recreated as long as a decent time is left between each throw of the dice...

If you throw the same number three times in a row, the game is held up for five minutes because some idiot has just walked in front of the sightscreen at the bowler's end... (Sm164)

Re: Season 2020
adelaide 05 April, 2020 15:42
Televised OWZHAT! tournament, that's what we need.

Adelaide

freddie tittlemouse 05 April, 2020 16:34
There used to be quite a good cricket game on the Sinclair spectrum zx written by a guy called David Owen. Pure text of course but it had a certain authenticity to it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/04/2020 16:38 by freddie tittlemouse.

Fozzie 05 April, 2020 17:43
People may want to check out The Digital County Championship, which a Somerset supporter called Nick is running on an old DOS game. Not surprisingly, given Nick's alliegances, Somerset's points deduction has been waived!. The first round of Div One fixtures are underway, with Div Two to follow. So far there have been wins for Lancs, Somerset and Yorkshire.

It won't comes as a surprise to anyone here that even though Gloucs were convincingly beaten by Yorkshire, Ryan Higgins had a blinder. However, George Scott didn't make the starting XI - the grass is always greener...

tallliman 06 April, 2020 18:14
I'll take that opening victory in the real world cc

BeefyRoberts 06 April, 2020 19:06
Few that I know are going to wear their County shirts on Sunday at 11am.
Maybe get picture done and put on facebook, or twitter!

Bring back the Crusaders 06 April, 2020 23:23
Its sods law that this will probably be one of the driest summers on record.

Fozzie 09 April, 2020 07:27
An interesting interview with Simmo, looking at how he and the rest of the team are coping with the lockdown.
[www.themiddlestump.co.uk]

BeefyRoberts 09 April, 2020 09:43
Have seen the interview, very entertaining and good to be able to see some snippets of how the players are going about their fitness.

Just a little footnote....The Middle Stump has some really good cricket readings on his website, and 2 very entertaining books about life of a club cricketer. Worth having a look!

BarmierKev 09 April, 2020 10:37
Thanks for sharing Fozzie. An interesting read. Fancy doing a match report of our opening game?

Fozzie 09 April, 2020 16:46
Quote:
BarmierKev
Thanks for sharing Fozzie. An interesting read. Fancy doing a match report of our opening game?

Well, we beat Worcs in our opening match in the Digital County Championship (see earlier link), and there should be a report there. It seems fairly true to life: Murts took a load of wickets, and then our batting collapsed only to be bailed out by TRJ and Harry. Only bit that raised an eyebrow was Robbo being used as a makeshift spinner rather than Max.

BeefyRoberts 10 April, 2020 14:59
Would we be full strength for Sunday?
What side of table would the wicket be?
Long queue to get in, as no North Gate?
Would all the beer be ready?
Prices gone up?
All meeting up at lunch, and after in The Tavern?
Discussing the days play.
Having more than 1 beer!
Watching the football scores, and, me personally thinking...'Have we done it'?
Oh god, I'm going to miss Sunday.

More importantly...Please,stay safe and stay at home. Then, eventually all these questions will get answered.

Fozzie 10 April, 2020 20:16
A look at how Lord's groundsman Karl McDermott is spending his days at present.
[www.bbc.co.uk]

BeefyRoberts 26 April, 2020 17:57
I wonder what our over rates have been so far this season?
Day 2 of Derbyshire, Tavern for a beer after play?

BarmierKev 26 April, 2020 19:37
Quote:
BeefyRoberts
I wonder what our over rates have been so far this season?
Day 2 of Derbyshire, Tavern for a beer after play?

Good question that I can answer. It is 0. Not sure if it is red or green overall.

Your round Beefy.

BeefyRoberts 27 April, 2020 11:44
Kev, I would gratefully purchase you the largest glass of wed rine that they serve in The Tavern.
In fact, if we get in there this season, I think a bottle of champagne might be bought.

Should be getting car sorted out this week for the drive to Chester-le-Street for the Durham game.

What will the July 1st announcement from the ecb ivory towers be? To be honest, not looking forward to it.

BeefyRoberts 30 April, 2020 21:31
Car should be parked up at The Lambton Worm in Chester-le-Street now.
Probably a beer at the bar with Andy, and getting ready for the 1st day vs Durham.
Last time, couple others stayed at same place, and we found a great pub as well in the town centre.
Curry as well.
Apart from some light rain tomorrow late afternoon, rest of the 4 days look ok for a game.
If only, just, if only.

Stay safe all, let's hope for some games later in the season.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 30/04/2020 21:41 by BeefyRoberts.

dingy bags 30 April, 2020 22:22
Missing cricket more reading this than ever before.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net