Latest news:

WELCOME TO THE MIDDLESEX ROOM, THE ONLY MESSAGE BOARD ON THE INTERNET DEDICATED TO MIDDLESEX CCC

Eating away over the winter

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4
Re: Season 2020
BeefyRoberts 02 May, 2020 09:24
There is a magazine on sale now, called 'County Cricket Matters'
Has been 2 editions so far, and it is a rather good read. First 2 are priced at £2 each, and are available from www.countycricketmatters.com

Hope the mods dont mind me putting this on website, it's an independent magazine.
2nd edition has interview with Kevin Hand among others, and I have heard Roland Butcher could be in an up coming edition.
I'm not involved in magazine, but know a few have purchased it and had all good feedback as well.

Fozzie 02 May, 2020 13:50
Quote:
BeefyRoberts
There is a magazine on sale now, called 'County Cricket Matters'
Has been 2 editions so far, and it is a rather good read. First 2 are priced at £2 each, and are available from www.countycricketmatters.com

Hope the mods dont mind me putting this on website, it's an independent magazine.
2nd edition has interview with Kevin Hand among others, and I have heard Roland Butcher could be in an up coming edition.
I'm not involved in magazine, but know a few have purchased it and had all good feedback as well.

Fully agree with Beefy. Pleasantly surprised at what it a full and interesting read this was for such a low price. Next issue due in June.

BeefyRoberts 06 May, 2020 11:52
I see from newspaper reports, that the clown called harrison was again in front of the DCMS to explain how our great game will be after the virus.
Saying if no season ( we all just hope there is at least some cricket) ecb could lose in region of £380m.
Even if some international cricket goes ahead, the losses will be in region of £100m. How are they going to get overseas squads over here? Clue in word 'overseas'.
This bloke really does live on a different planet.
Maybe, if he, and the head clown graves took heads out of the sand are just realised the dramatic drop of £££ in the bank is due to the gamble on franchise rubbish, and listened to the cricket masses they will know who was correct all along.

What will coco the clown and sidekick announce on July 1st?
Like the rest of us, missing our wonderful game, missing the away trips and missing everyone we know well, or just bump into at games and say a quick hello.
It's amazing how much we love this game, when we cant get our 'summer fix' and, of course, the weather has been close to perfect for start of the season...just cant make this up!

Stay safe everyone, let's get through this and have one seriously big party at the first game!

BeefyRoberts 11 May, 2020 14:56
Just pulled the plug on the Notts game at Trent Bridge and cancelled hotel.
I know it's not until end of Aug, but, to be honest, I just can't see how any game will get the go-ahead.
Derbyshire is my only hotel left now, that will get cancelled later.

BeefyRoberts 20 May, 2020 21:49
Oh well, all done.
Derby hotel for the County game in September been cancelled. Got a voucher for the cost to use, so, IF we get game there can rebook.
All my hotels cancelled now, maybe I have gone early, but will see.

rod/ed 20 May, 2020 21:58
Still got Notts on a free cancellation. Probably won't be able to use it for footie either!

BeefyRoberts 24 May, 2020 08:14
Been perfect weather for cricket since start of the season.....

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net