Latest news:

WELCOME TO THE MIDDLESEX ROOM, THE ONLY MESSAGE BOARD ON THE INTERNET DEDICATED TO MIDDLESEX CCC

Eating away over the winter

Kolpaks
Discussion started by Seaxe_man1 , 29 October, 2019 09:38
Kolpaks
Seaxe_man1 29 October, 2019 09:38
A report in today's Telegraph ' Kolpak imports in limbo with status set to be abolished'. This is regardless of whether UK Ltd leaves the EU or not.

They will remain eligible for 2020 which is likely to be their last season.

Their current status is maintained by the Cotonou Agreement. This allows citizens from 78 countries - African, Caribbean and Pacific countries to work in the EU.

This expires in February 2020 and has yet to be renewed.

To counter this - the ECB may increase to two, the overseas players allowed in the County Championship. Restoring the situation to 1979 before it was reduced to one.

As I recall, 1979 was the final season for Smokey Featherstone in MX colours due to that ruling.

Re: Kolpaks
chunkyinargyll 29 October, 2019 12:00
I'm sure existing contracts will be honoured- so Cummins should be okay until end of 2022.

The last I heard the ruling for 2020 season was going to be 3 overseas on the books at any one time, with one being allowed in championship and 50 overs, and two in T20.

Much the same as previous years except you can have three on the books simultaneously. This is because T20 is no longer in a block, so to save counties the problem of having to choose between good white ball, or championship, or constantly registering and deregistering players you can have three.

In our case that might mean having Ur Rehman as one of our T20's again, but there would be nothing to stop us playing him in a championship match at the expense of our intended championship overseas if we wanted

That was the plan that was mentioned in an article mid-summer, but I'm not certain if it was ratified. Article made it sound that it was a given the change would pass, but ECB forever changing their minds on things.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net