Latest news:

WELCOME TO THE MIDDLESEX ROOM, THE ONLY MESSAGE BOARD ON THE INTERNET DEDICATED TO MIDDLESEX CCC

Eating away over the winter

New online store
Discussion started by rod/ed , 25 November, 2019 16:06
New online store
rod/ed 25 November, 2019 16:06
👕 | NEW ONLINE STORE LAUNCHED TODAY..

Check out Middlesex's brand new online store, launched in partnership with @kitlocker!

Loads of new @Nike clothing, leisurewear & merchandise now available 🙌

Read more ➡️ [t.co]

⬇️ NEW STORE ⬇️ [t.co] [t.co]

Does the club benefit or just Nike and Kitlocker?

Should have been KILT locker😀

Re: New online store
BeefyRoberts 25 November, 2019 16:41
Just been looking,still being built of course.
Just wondering...does the club take all the monies from sales,or,dare I put it...do the Spaniards benefit?

hdo 26 November, 2019 10:04
I'm one of those people who always buys merchandise for sports teams, music artists, etc - but unfortunately my recent interactions with the store have left a lot to be desired. Things seem to have gone downhill since Eric went. Prices are sky high as well, although I suppose that's to be expected in modern sport.

I was extremely frustrated when I was told I was unable to buy this season's 50-over shirt shortly after the tournament had ended, because the initial batch had sold out and there had been a FU with Nike, so no more shirts had been ordered. I will always resent not being able to have one of those shirts - I thought they were great. I'm sure Eric would've been able to work his magic and find one hiding in a cupboard somewhere (in fact he's done that for me before when there was a similar situation), but not this time.

BarmierKev 26 November, 2019 18:41
Sadly this just re-enforces what most of us know that the Middlesex feel about the "Club Shop" has been taking away.

Barmy Kev
I'm only here for the tele

Seaxe_man1 27 November, 2019 14:10
Correct Kev. Though it was actually given away as a cost saver as part of the 200 grand lump sum deal which has been extended by one year.

Presumably while the Spaniards weigh up the 99+1 profit base in 2020.

Too much was conceded under this deal for too little in return. (Beefy/hdo) The 2015 lump sum being 500 grand with 5% increments since. (MX provide 28/30 days cricket)

Plus during this period, T20 gates have risen (sellouts) since that deal was struck. Surrey/Essex 40 quid on the gate, the others 35 quid.

Less outground matches equals less sales revenue for MX. They have to my knowledge made for MX a net revenue profit after costs were taken out from these games.

In 2015 there were 3 T20' s, now 5 at Lords, This provides MCC with a further seven figure revenue generation x 2 from which we get zilch, as nothing was built into the agreement for that eventuality.

A further oversight, was failing to negotiate a share of drink profits. Well justified I think.

Certainly these failures have contributed to the £ 900,000 grand losses of 2017/18. Not something MX can continue to do. Just plain commonsense.

The shop closure reduced the MX presence bigtime. My information is: that outground shop sales, if there is such a shop. Sales revenues go in the MX bucket.

Elsewhere into the MCC bucket. The online shop sales revenue destination is a question (at the AGM ) for the finance director to indicate who gets the revenues percentage wise.

Taken allround to paraphrase the Dawid Malan quote. ' financially we are just plodding along'.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net